I Love You

Marinette POV

I woke up with a song in my heart and butterflies in my stomach. Half of my mind was saying: Today is a lovely day to know who my one true love is. The other half was a constant scream, so yeah. I was feeling stressed, and elated, and scared. Tikki stopped me.

"Marinette! You're going to pass out!" I hadn't even realized that I was hyperventilating.

"But Tikki-"

"No! You aren't allowed to invent more scenarios where the worst possible thing happens! Now sit down!" She pointed at my rug and I sat. 

"Okay. What now?"

"Breathe in deeply through your nose and out through your mouth." I did as she said and instant relief washed over me. "Now, doesn't that feel better?"

"Yeah, Tikki. I do feel a lot better."

She placed her paw on my hand. "Cat Noir loves you. The mask doesn't change anything."

I took in another deep breath and smiled. "You're right, Tikki."

She smiled back at me. "That's awesome Marinette."

"Come on Tikki. I need to get ready."

I left early to the garden to look around and compose myself before the big moment. That morning the grass was covered with dew. The leaves were all a pale green, and the flowers were blooming in every color. Ivy creeped up the tall stone walls. "How did Cat Noir find this place?" 

"Well, M'lady, I was knocked into a back alley during an akuma attack, and found this spot running back into the fight."

I jumped from fright. "Goodness gracious! Don't scare me like that!" 

He leapt down from the wall next to me. "Sorry Bugaboo." It was silent for a few moments. I think he saw the worry on my face and asked, "Are you okay?" He squeezed my hand for comfort.

"I'm just worried that everything's going to change."

He lifted a mocking eyebrow. "Do you think you'll be repulsed by my true face?"

"No! No! Of course not!"

He pulled me closer. "Then what is it?"

"I'm just worried you won't like what you see."

My face was cupped in his hands. "I've told you already, I love you! Flaws and all!"

"I know, but-" He cut me off with a kiss.

"No. No ifs, ands, or buts. I love you. I love you more than you know."

I kissed him again. "I love you too. I love you more then there are stars in the sky."

"Don't try to out-love me. You'll lose. I love you more than words can express!" He began to shower me with kisses all over my face.

"Okay! Okay!" I laughed. "You win!"

He smirked at me. "That's right. And to the victor go the spoils." He bent down to kiss me again, but I put a finger to his lips.

"Ah, ah, ah. Not so fast. You can claim your prize after you give to me what I was promised."

He sighed in mock exhaustion. "Fine. Just promise me you won't be too starstruck with my true face!"

I poked his nose. "Only if you promise not to be dazzled by mine."

"M'lady, I don't know if I can do that. You're far to beautiful for me with a half of your face uncovered. I don't know if I can handle all your beauty!"