Please

Marrinette POV

BreakDown walked quickly and didn't look back. It was kind of hard to follow her in the dark, but I kept up. I didn't really expect much conversation out of her anyway. If everything goes the way she wants it to, HawkMoth will take my Miraculous and she'll... beat me up? I guess? Then date Cat Noir. Solid plan, but I doubt it's gonna work out that way.

Wait, I know this area. This is where Adrien lives. That's weird. We turned another corner, getting closer and closer to Adrien's house. Eventually, to my shock, we showed up at the gates of Adrien's place. What?! Is Adrien HawkMoth? But that's stupid. I've seen HawkMoth and heard his voice in the form of thousands of butterflies. I've also seen Adrien when people were akumatized. That's a stupid thought.

We stepped through the doors, but Nathalie stopped BreakDown. "HawkMoth doesn't require your presence."

"But he promised me revenge!"

"And he will hold up his end of the deal, as long as he gets what he requires." Nathalie pointed at the door, and BreakDown had no choice but to leave. Honestly, I felt bad for her. The akumas have more intense motivations then they would normally. Under normal circumstances she'd probably feel sad and angry, but she wouldn't actually hurt me.

"Follow me." Nathalie began walking into Gabriel's design room. "Step here please." She pointed to a seemingly random spot on the ground. I stood where she pointed, and she stuck her fingers into the painting of Adrien's mom. The floor began to lift, and a section of the ceiling opened up. I was trapped in a room bathed in a purple light.

"Ah, Ladybug. So nice to finally meet you."

"Likewise." I raised my chin in defiance.

"I'm sure." A loud crack echoed through the room. His cane struck against my back.

"Agh!" I didn't even have time to react. The shattered remains of Cat Noir's tracking chip slid off my back. 

"I said you would come alone, and it will stay that way."

I struggled to stand up. "You will get my Miraculous over my cold, dead body."

HawkMoth sighed. "I guess we'll have to do this the hard way." His cane slid down as he unsheathed a sword.