Welcome Back

"Hello Cyra."

The woman I had been craving slowly blinked at me as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing. It had been a long time since I had seen her face to face. I had watched her from afar but to be in front of her, to see her creamy skin and my reflection in her eyes filled me with an emotion I didn't recognise.

The tickets she held in her hand dropped to the floor in a flutter as her eyes widened. She was just realising who I was. Had it really been that long?

"Lucifer?"

It was barely a whisper.

Maybe she thought I was just a figment of her imagination. Or maybe she had forgotten about me.

"Are you real?" She asked, her tone still so soft.

My heart leapt, realising those were the exact same words I asked when my Father had freed her from Heaven.

"Yes. Yes baby, I'm real." I replied, keeping my voice strong.

Relief poured across her face and in a flurry of hair, she ran and threw her arms around me. Her grip was tight, and she seemed to hold me as if I was going to disappear at any second.

Hugging me tightly, she cried into the crook of my neck and my hand.wrapped loosely in her hair, holding her tightly back as I rested my cheek on her head.

"I missed you. I missed you so goddamn much." I spoke aloud.

"You're back. You're here. How are you here?" She asked, pulling away slightly to touch my cheek gently with her hand.

"Does it matter?" I asked, bending just a little to balance my forehead against hers.

She closed her eyes.

"No." She replied.

We stood like that for a moment, just breathing each other in. To feel her warmth and her body against mine was as familiar as breathing.

Reluctantly, I pulled away first. She opened her eyes slowly and her lips curved into that heartbreaking smile I loved so much.

"It's been too long." She said gently, her finger lightly tracing a fresh scar across the right side of my jaw.

"I feared you may have forgotten me." I admitted.

She shook her head.

"I could never forget you."

I smiled gently lifting my hand go let my thumb brush across her bottom lip. My eyes dropped to her lips and she knew. I wanted to kiss her. Badly. But I was afraid that maybe her feelings towards me had changed during my absence.

"I love you." I said, honestly.

Her eyes lit up and a light pink colour stained her cheeks.

"I love you more." She replied with an intake of breath.

Satisfied with her answer, I didn't hesitate then. Just pulled her in and gave her everything I had to give.

My heart.

She kissed back just as fiercely, gripping me tightly with a hand holding me there. The sound of a bell filled the silence, causing Cyra to quickly pull away from me, much to my protesting.

"Cyra. The wives and I we-" the female voice cut off as Cyra's twin sibling walked around the aisle stack to see me holding Cyra tightly.

"Lucifer?" Elizabeth Wardwell exclaimed, her eyes wide.

"Miss Elizabeth Wardwell." I replied in greeting.

"Reed. It's Reed now." Liz said before moving forward.

Cyra let go of me just as her sister reached me and threw her arms around me.

"You promised you'd bring her back and you did. Thank you." She said honestly.

I stood awkwardly in her embrace, looking down at her as she pulled away.

"I'm a man of my word." I replied.

She smiled brightly at me.

"How long are you in Salem for?" She asked as Cyra's face dropped slightly.

"You're leaving again?" Cyra asked, her tone filled with surprise.

"I cannot stay on the mortal plane much longer, a punishment for infiltrating Heaven." I replied, looking back at Cyra.

"Then I'll come with you. I'll go back to Hell." She said she undid her apron.

Gently, I took her hands. Stopping her movements.

"You can't."

She lifted her head, confusion and pain in her eyes.

"Don't you want me anymore?" She asked as Liz looked down awkwardly.

"Of course I do. You have no idea how much I want you. If your sister, no offense Miss Reed, but if she hadn't walked in.. I would've shown you how much I goddamn want you, but you cannot follow me to Hell." I replied firmly, and honestly.

"Why?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"My father demanded it." I replied.

"He what!" Cyra snapped.

"The only way you're going to Hell is if you die or I turn you into a demon, and I'm sorry but I'm not going to let you do either of those.

"So what? I see you once a month? Once a year on Halloween?" She snapped again.

"I'm sorry Cyra. I really am. If I could change his mind, I would. I truly wish I could tak-" I was saying as she turned her back at me with a huff.

"Cyra. Please." I followed her, Liz moving out of the way.

"Did you even fight? Argue? Or did you roll over and do what daddy asked of you?" Cyra asked, angry.

"Fight? I did two years of fighting!" I finally snapped.

She turned to look at me, surprise written across her face.

"You couldn't even understand the amount of fighting I did for you. I got to Eurynomos first, wiped him off the map so he could never hurt you again. Than I went against my fathers wishes again, for you. I was here, every week for the past two years. Watching you, making sure you were unharmed and doing okay. I watched men flirt with you, watched you start this business again! I watched you slowly move on.

"And it was torture, knowing you were alive and walking around and I couldn't have you. No. It was worse than torture, worse than death." I snapped back.

Her arms fell back to her sides.

"I've rebelled, I've fallen all over again. For you." I ended.

Cyra's eyes studied mine, her beautiful face moving into a frown I wanted to kiss away.

Liz cleared her throat.

"Okay. I can sense the sexual tension, so that's my cue. Make love not babies, kiddos." Liz said as she made a run for the shop door.

Neither of us had looked away, our eyes just connected.