Thought You Were Stronger

Footsteps echoed across the empty hall as Hades let Cyra walk first down the hall towards two huge golden doors. Swallowing heavily, Cyra took a deep breath and tore her eyes away from the art works that decorated the walls.

"Through there." Hades said, as they stopped at the doors.

"Hades." Cyra said, turning around to face him.

Hades eyes lifted to hers.

"Would he hurt me?"

Hades didn't answer, just looked away and brushed past her. He pushed on the doors and they swung open. Revealing a huge room that was filled with minimalistic art and barely any furniture. Zeus was standing in front of a bookcase, his back facing Cyra.

"Leave us." Zeus said firmly.

Hades shot Cyra a guilty look before backing out of the room and closing the doors behind her. Cyra didn't move her eyes from Zeus, sizing him up. Trying to sense his mood.

Slowly, Zeus turned around to face her, hands clasped in front of him.

"You asked to speak to me." Zeus said before moving forward a few steps.

Cyra breathed out.

"You have to stop this. Salem won't stand another attack." Cyra replied, watching him.

"So that's all? You're trying to save some measly town? What about your little boyfriend?" Zeus asked, as he sat down in a throne like chair.

"Zeus. Please. Salem is barely recovering from the last attack. I beg you." Cyra started forward.

Zeus lifted a hand and Cyra fell silent.

"I like it when you beg. Do it again. On your knees." Zeus ordered.

Cyra blinked before gritting her teeth. Slowly, she sunk down to her knees and Zeus laughed.

"I expected more from you, Miss Wardwell. You had such fight, such passion and yet I managed to break you in under one day!" Zeus exclaimed with a clasp of his hands and he pushed up to stand.

He strode towards her.

Cyra looked down at the ground in shame.

"Where's the power? Where's the fight? It's almost too easy!" Zeus laughed out.

Cyra started hard at the ground, her hands curling into fists.

"Once. I believed you could've been my undoing. But look at you, weak. Pathetic. Almost as useless as your false God and his deranged fallen son."

Cyra lifted her head to glare at Zeus.

"Leave Lucifer out of this." Cyra snapped.

"Why? He started it."

Cyra gritted her teeth again and rose to her feet.

"You started this. You moved to a town that did not want you. Laid claim to me, when I did not want you. You are not wanted here, Zeus. No one wants you. You're a plague, a nuisance. I hope you're forgotten because you're a cruel evil man. Lucifer may be the devil, but you're a filthy asshole!" Cyra snapped.

Zeus's smile slipped, and he lifted his chin slightly.

"You want power? You want fight? Fine. I'll give you a damn fight." Cyra snapped, as she brought her hands close to her chest.

Zeus's eyes widened and red light filled the room. Energy surged towards Cyra, lights flickered and Zeus stumbled as he battled to stay upright. The force of it was like gravity pulling him in.

Cyra straightened her arms out, holding them out to her side, her eyes sparking a brilliance white and glowing with the light of Heaven.

Zeus called out a name and suddenly the door flung open. Cyra was quick to act, flicking her wrist and Hades was flung back down the hallway.

Turning back to Zeus, Cyra felt the tug of the earth's power.

"You cannot beat me, false God!" Cyra called out, her voice barely recognisable.

Zeus shrunk back before his eyes sparked, and lightning flashed across his hand. He flung it at Cyra who merely flicked it away like it had been a fly annoying her.

The lights exploded, Zeus falling back over his chair as Cyra began to lift into the air. Her body glowed white, mixing in with the red energy and green energy that crept up from the earth's surface.

Zeus skin began to glow as the lightning dance across his skin, his casual wear turning into armour. He snarled and made a dash for Cyra who simply flicked him back with a slight twitch of her wrist.

"You will leave this place or I will destroy you."

More lights exploded and furniture began to float, swirling about in the gravity axis that Cyra had created around herself.

"You will go far away, never bother us again and y-" she was cut short as a huge wave was pushed into the room, dousing her in water and pulling her into the current.

Struggling to breathe, Cyra clawed at the water as Poseidon appeared, smug.

"About time!" Zeus snapped.

The water formed into a ball. Cyra was trapped and drowning, her body thrashing as she tried to for the air. Her lungs ached and burned and before she knew it, white light shot from her body, throwing her back through the water and lifting her in the air.

There was a pause and then a huge explosion erupted from her body. Her eyes squeezed shut as the pure white light blinded the entire room, her arms bent back, palms displayed wide as a scream left her throat.

Hands gripped her, and she felt a hand cradle her head before the light died and she slumped forward.

"I've got you." A familiar voice whispered.

Opening her exhausted eyes, Cyra focused on Lucifer who glowed with the same white light that had shot from her body.

"I've got you, my love." Lucifer reassured her before pulling her in to his chest.

Lucifer's eyes darted to the Greek Gods that were knocked out on the floor. Rolling his shoulders forward, wings sprouted from his back and flapped once. They were thrust into the air and Cyra passed out.