strength in him

[Warning. VERY Adult themes]

Lucifer's eyes were closed, but my eyes were set on him. Tracing every line, committing it all to memory just in case. He sat so still, his chest silently moving as I watched him breathe. He looked so at peace when his eyes were closed and asleep.

I could feel the guilt sit low in my stomach as I realised the amount of stress I had put him under since we had first met. It should've been easy, all of this, but instead, he's had nothing but more fights and more threats on his existence. 

Zeus wanted to possess me and wanted to possess what I had. But he knew I would never betray Lucifer, not in any way possible. My love for the man who showed me true power didn't come from my hands but from strength, kindness, and hope.

I owed Lucifer everything.

The time apart had been hard for me. Nightmares would suffocate me until its clawed hand tightened its hold on my windpipe. I would be dragged into a pit so deep even Hell feared it, and sometimes he took the fall for me.

They were the worst kind of nightmares. Someone you loved just sacrificing themselves because of how much they loved you.

His mouth was smoothed into a peaceful line, and while I felt weak. He gave me strength.

Unable to help myself, I pushed back the blankets that were tucked in around me and slowly slid off the bed. Soundlessly, I crossed the small expanse that separated us before stopping in front of him.

My very own fallen Angel.

He wore a casual deep blue collared shirt, his usual black vest still tight around his midsection as it moulded to his fit figure. His cuffs were still buttoned, like he didn't even bother to get comfortable before falling asleep. Stubble had begun to shadow his jawline, and my mouth twitched at the thought.

He was already handsome, but stubble would make any woman weak kneed.

I couldn't help but reach out to touch the curl of his hair, brushing it gently back from his forehead. He shifted but didn't wake.

Taking the opportunity, I admired him. Like prized artwork at a billion dollar auction. He was priceless.

He was mine.

I gently bit the inside of my bottom lip, watching him for a moment and smiling as I released it.

He sat a little awkwardly, but I could fix that easily, and I did.

Without a moments notice, I quickly but gently slid onto his lap. Almost immediately, his hands went to my waist.

My hips were nice, perfectly accompanying the size of his own, and I straddled him perfectly.

"You should be resting." His tired chocolate filled voice spoke quietly.

"I'm done resting." I replied as I shifted forward a little.

His fingernails dug a little deeper into the flesh at my hips. I was wearing grey tracksuit pants and a lime green crop top. My body was only half exposed to him, but when his eyes opened, I felt under the microscope.

"You used a lot of power, baby. You should rest." Smooth like chocolate, coating my senses.

I wanted to drink it, but I wanted to bathe in it.

I silenced him by lifting my hand and trailing the very tips of my fingertips against the only exposed part of his chest.

"I'm not tired." I whisper replied.

Something in his gaze darkened, and my breath hitched.

I loved it when he looked at me with raw, passionate love. Like I was the only one in the world he'd get on his hands and knees for, and maybe he would. If I asked.