Ballroom Dancing

As soon as I had stepped out of my car and handed my keys to the valet, I could see the heads turning to look at me.

The women looked stunning with their hair all done up, and dresses made for proms or fancy functions. I looked out of place in my juge white ball gown.

Knowing that, I knew it would capture Zeus's attention. Make me stand out to his vision.

"Invite?" The small man at the door asked, after glancing at me up and down.

I held it out to him which he read and nodded me inside.

When I had been driving up, I thought the mansion had been beautiful with a white rock driveway and the Mansion a full white brick, almost Greek style look of the old days. But the inside was stunning, gold and screamed royalty.

Art donned the walls, greek statues littered throughout the foyer. I lifted my dress slightly to walk down the stairs from the front door and noticed there was a working fountain spraying water high into the air. Behind the fountain, was another set of stairs heading down to where the music seemed tobe coming from.

The violin and cooling piano drifted through the air and I moved towards it. Heads turned to look at me, some masked and some with judging eyes. Stopping at the top of the second set of stairs, I looked around at the dance floor, looking for the familiar face.

I spotted Poseidon's face first, remembering him from the attack at my shop. He nudged the man beside him and Zeus turned around. He was dressed in a crisp black suit, a black waistcoat visibly when he handed his brother the glass of champagne.

Looking down, I descended the stairs carefully, looking up once to see Zeus moving through the crowd to reach me.

I met him at the bottom of the stairs and he extended his elbow wordlessly.

Taking it, I allowed him to pull me onto the dance floor. We quickly moved into dancing positions before beginning to dance around the other couples that floated there.

"I believe you said you couldn't make it." Zeus began, quietly.

"I wasn't going to, but I decided I could have a little fun." I replied, turning my head to see the guests had formed a wide circle.

"You look radiant. Even Aphrodite would be green with envy." Zeus said gently before twirling me.

I spun and my dress spun around me, before I was pulled back into his arms. His body was solid and I practically bounced off it.

"This? Oh this is just a little something I forgot I had." I lied, as we drifted across the floor.

Couples began to move out of the way, and I began to notice that we were fast becoming the entertainment.

"I find that hard to believe, Madame Wardwell."

"Cyra. You can call me Cyra." I replied, glancing up into his eyes.

"Cyra. Greek name, meaning Female Ruler." Zeus said, gently.

"Everyone always did tell me that I was a natural born leader." I replied, before he swished me into another turn.

As we joined again, I noticed his brothers were staring.

"It seems we've gathered an audience." I stated, noting that everyone was staring.

"How could they not? You're very beautiful." Zeus replied, honestly.

The instrumental piece came to an end and I curtsied before Zeus who had a small smirk on his face. Clapping filled the room before guests filled the floor again.