Chapter- 10

"And now this year, kuch possible hi nahi hai! (Nothing is possible!).. I would probably be giving you some other gift for your punishment.."

Swara wiped the tear that threatened to spill as her phone call with Sanskar two months ago suddenly started to eco in her head.. what did he mean by that? If today on Valentine's day his memory would have not gone he would be punishing her?..

"Stop thinking negative.. just stop.."

She clutched her head trying to suppress her inner demons that was screaming at her.. she couldn't stop her tears and sobbed quietly.. she lay there in the mattress she had set up for them in their tent waiting for Sanskar to come.. why had he got to go now? She can even have her gift tomorrow.. She wish she could tell him how much she needs him.. it was only his presence and his touch that kept her sane and happy, a minute without him and she is a mess! She took her phone that was just near her and dialed his number.. She took a sharp breathe and blinked her eyes trying to stop her cries, her heart shuddered when he didn't pick up the call.. she tried again.. and again and again.. she got up and then started walking around restlessly calling him again and again..

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to an hour but there was no sign of him.. She couldn't control her tears and continued to call for the nth time when suddenly the call was answered..

"Sanskar tum kaha ho? (Where are you?) Do you have any idea how much worried I am and.."

She stopped suddenly realizing he hasn't even said a hello..

"San.. Sanskar? Hello?.."

She gulped her tears waiting for him to say something, couldn't she hear him or he really isn't speaking anything.. "hello.." she tried again

"Hello.." she sighed deeply finally hearing his low hoarse voice.. "kaha ho tum? (Where are you?)" she asked softly, her voice containing a bit of pain, a bit of anger yet relief thudded in her voice as if she has finally got her life back..

"Woh Swara.." she frowned feeling his voice very low and painful, "this file.." she blinked her eyes confused but waited for him to complete, "this file!" and then she heard nothing..

"Kon sa file? (Which file?)" she asked and there was no response, just few heavy breathes and she clutched the phone tightly.. was he crying? "Sanskar kya hua? (What happened?)" she asked worried and when there was no reply she started crying.. "Sanskar.. Sanskar.." she took the phone away from her ear and looked at it, the call was still on.. why wasn't he saying anything. "Sanskar!" she called his name crying with hope and when still there was no response, it broke her last string of patience.. she immediately ran from there..

-------------------------------

Swara reached their home and pressed the calling bell restlessly breathing heavily.. she palmed her face and then wiped her tears and sweat and continued to press the calling bell again and again.. she banged the door and it went swinging back, she frowned.. the door was open? She immediately rushed inside calling out his name and when she reached near their room, her legs suddenly stopped and she felt numb seeing the scene in front of her..

Sanskar was lying on the floor, the other things scattered around him that's not her concern.. She blinked her eyes finally gaining her senses and rushed towards him taking his head and placing it on her lap, tears dropped from her eyes one by one and they fell on his face.. she patted his cheeks, "Sanskar!" her screams didn't reach his ears, "please.. please stop it!" she whispered and shook him trying her best to wake him up. "please wake up.." she joined her forehead with him clutching his shirt, her tightly closed eyes still shedding tears and her lips continuously whispered "please.." to him. She opened her eyes feeling him not responding and got away from him..