Chapter-6

"I am not selfish.."

Swara didn't get tired murmuring this again and again, she clung herself onto the wall as much as she could and cried her heart out till her eyes dropped in weakness and she fell in a deep sleep.. then it was all blank!

After a long time, she finally lifted her eyelashes and looked around to see darkness everywhere, she blinked her eyes to feel them still a bit watery.. what time was it? How long has she slept? She then looked at the photo in her hand and sighed deeply caressing it.. "maa.." her voice hoarse and low with tiredness and sadness.. She slowly stood up and stumbled a bit but balanced herself, her body aching and her head bursting with pain.. she switched on the lights, placing the photo back on its position she checked the time, it was late evening.. Sanskar would be back home soon!

She went to the washroom and splashed water on her face.. she looked at herself in the mirror.. Sanskar won't like this Swara! She curved her lips up a bit to put a smile on her face, though it was not the smile he loved, she could at least try!

She then got busy with preparing the dinner, soon her husband returned with from office, giving him her best fake smile, she welcomed him and gave him a glass of water, asking him to get fresh.. she then started arranging the plates on the table for their dinner, soon she felt his presence.. his hands crawled from her back to her stomach, his chin resting on her shoulder as he hugged her from back, she joined her back to his chest and closed her eyes feeling his warmth.. the peace she wanted from so long hours!

"you are hiding something na?"

Her eyes snapped open hearing his voice, she turned around and asked confused, "Sanskar?"

He then cupped her face and asked, "meri Swara ki yeh badi badi aankhen, why do I often find them shedding tears secretly?.."

It was a waste of time that she tried to smile for him.. just waste of time! Her Sanskar didn't fall for her acting skills and fake smiles.. he didn't.. her Sanskar! Her eyes got teary and he stopped the tears from spilling by gently rubbing her lower lashes.. she tried to convince him but again she was only wasting time.. he looked at her quiet for a minute before declaring, "fine then.. don't tell me anything, till you tell me the problem I won't talk to you.." she got shocked.. "Sanskar?" her voice choked as she saw him walking away from her.. no, she can't lose him! she ran and hugged him tightly from behind and started sobbing, "please.. please.. don't do this to me! Don't ignore me Sanskar, please.." she closed her eyes tightly and whispered crying, "I can't lose you.."

She continued to cry while he was extremely shocked hearing her as he could feel a fear in her voice, he tried breaking the hug but she held him tightly, he forcefully broke the hug and turned towards her to see her red crying face.. "Swara.." he pressed her close to his chest patting her head.. "shh.. shh.. nahi nahi! Shhh.." he continued to pat her head and whispered soothingly, "nahi rote! Tell me what happened? Tell your Sanskar..." she continued to cry in his embrace bitterly but soon she calmed down a bit because of him and broke the hug, he wiped her tears and sweat, caressing her hairs he held her hand and took her near the dining table.. he pulled out a chair, "ab aaram se batao! Baat kya hai?.." he made her sit on it and kneeled down in front of her, enclosing her hands in his fist he looked at her expectantly waiting for her to say something and heard her whisper, "I am scared!"

"kyun?" he was quick to ask her.. she looked at him, his eyes filled with love and concern for her, she looked away as she said, "I get nightmares.. your accident!" Sanskar blinked his eyes slowly realizing what she wants to say.. she sighed and closed her eyes as she said, "your accident happened in front of my eyes! I can't forget it.. I can't!" she opened her eyes and saw him, she immediately got down to the floor and hugged him.. "please.. please don't leave me!" he tightened the hug, a tear slid out of his eyes as her words touched deep down his soul.. she dug herself in his embrace trying to protect herself from all the pain and worries.. from the day of his accident only the scene of him lying on the road with so much blood comes in her nightmares.. there were so many reasons for her to cry and feel scared and vulnerable, she only revealed one of them to him.. she couldn't tell him everything.. she couldn't! they both remained in the hug for sometime and then Sanskar said, "close your eyes Swara!" she closed her eyes hearing him, he also then closed his eyes.. "what do you see?" he asked.. it was empty and dark.. "nothing.." she murmured clutching him tightly.. "what do you feel?".. all she can feel was his touch, his hug, his love.. it was him.. only him.."Sanskar!" she said.. he slowly turned his head and kissed behind her ear shell and his eyes were still closed.. his lips remained there for a long time and she could hear their heartbeats.. "what do you hear?" she felt his mouth travelling downwards kissing her neck, she slowly lifted her head up letting him kiss her more freely and almost whispered answering his question, "our heartbeats!" Sanskar slowly broke the hug and opened his eyes to see her flushed face, her eyes were still closed.. he caressed her cheeks and bent more close to her, just an inch gap between them and said, "apne aakhen kholo.." she opened them in daze and directly looked in his eyes.. "now what do you see?" she kept on looking into his eyes, she saw her own reflection and whispered, "I see myself.." he smiled and crossed the inch gap between them capturing her lips.. her eyes closed again and she clutched his collars.. her both lips were inside his mouth and he was kissing them deeply, he let his hands go inside the pleats of her saree and she gasped feeling his caress on her bare skin.. his one hand at the back of her head and he angled them frequently for a more deep exploration of her sweet secrets.. he kissed and kissed with all the love and desires and she felt herself melting in his love and opened her mouth wide the way he demanded.. after a long time he broke the kiss and joined his forehead with her, both their breathes heavy and they could feel it.. "once you couldn't see anything Swara! They were bad days and now they are gone..ab mein yahi hoon Princess.." she nodded still in the magic of his love and hugged him again..