Chapter 31

"So, Tasha." My voice sounded normal, at least that was something.

"She's someone from the pack I left." Jared's eyes never left mine. "She's a friend."

"Apparently a close one."

"She helped me through some of the rougher parts of my time with my transition and that Alpha. Yes, we were close; we still are but there's nothing more than friendship between us."

My head bobbed up and down slightly as I moved into the kitchen. I hopped up on one of the stools and couldn't bring myself to face Jared while I quickly sorted through everything running through my mind.

"I'm sorry I came by without saying anything-"

"Electra, you don't need to be sorry. I'm glad you stopped by. Honestly. I would have been a little hurt if you hadn't. Or at least called me to tell me you were back."

Jared stepped around so he was standing in front of me again. He tipped my chin up and his lips were on mine.

I couldn't believe how good it felt to have him touching me. My memory hadn't done it justice. My skin was on fire like his lips were the flames keeping me warm. I sighed and melted into him and I felt his lips curve into a smile against mine.

He stepped between my legs trapping me against the counter and I let him. His hands wandered my body as if they were trying to commit me to memory. I felt him hesitate slightly when his hands found the weapons. The way he paused, the slight twitch of his lip before he pulled the guns and dagger out, laying them out the counter.

There were still the stakes in my boots, but I figured those wouldn't necessarily be a problem.

When the weapons were placed to the side, I felt his hands slipping under the bottom of my shirt, running along my back. The fire licking as his hands moved.

I never wanted it to end.

Jared's mouth on mine, the feeling coursing through me, I wondered what he was experiencing. Was it the same intense fire? Or was it amplified even more for him?

I got my unasked question, his body's response as my breath caught when I felt claws against my skin.

I heard a deep growl come from his chest. I was aware of my dagger right behind me. Jared swore under his breath and I knew he was trying to pull it back in.

I brought my hands up to his face, resting one on each cheek. I pulled his face back so I could look at him. Jared's eyes had that wolf glow and I fought the instinct to grab my weapon.

That wasn't what he needed.

I felt his hands tense at my back while he fought. I brought his face back to me, pressing my lips to his lightly.

I kept my touch light.

"It's alright," I whispered.

I wasn't sure whom I was trying to reassure, him or myself.

I felt the moment when he had control again. His claws went back in and his body relaxed. He smiled slightly and pressed his lips to my forehead before kissing me lightly on the mouth.

"Jared, I need to tell you something."

Durin's warning came back to me, and I figured Jared deserved to know considering he was a part of it.

"What is it?" His arms wrapped around me and he pulled back enough to look at my face. It was like he was already trying to protect me.

"The Organization may already know something." My words were flat and I wasn't looking at him. I couldn't look at him.