Chapter 44

When I woke up, I was alone in bed. I wiggled into jeans and went out into the living room where I heard everyone.

"Good morning, sleepy head," Trevor's voice called out. I could hear the smile in it.

I couldn't return any happy sentiments. I was still in pain and I need freaking coffee.

"Here," Sarah said handing me a tall paper cup. The rich smell of coffee wafted up to my nose. I groaned appreciatively and took a sip. I dropped onto the couch with my cup, ignoring everyone else. Now this was heaven.

"Sarah and I went out early this morning. We bought you some clothes and necessities," Josh said.

"One of those necessities being coffee," Sarah added.

"Thank God," I murmured as I felt the heat warm my hands. It was almost too hot to bear on my palms, but I didn't make a move to set it down. I could stand some scalding pain if it means that I got this holy drink.

I finally looked around the room, seeing Jared on the other side. He made no move toward me, and I frowned inwardly. As I looked toward Josh, I could understand why. Josh, over protective brother and trained hunter. Jared, werewolf and little sister's boyfriend. He probably saw keeping his distance at the moment as a way to stay alive.

I shook my head.

"Do you have weapons with you?" I asked.

"Just what we took to get Alexandra from her house," Josh said. "We're a little thin in the weapons department since moving. Why?"

"Because my supply is nonexistent," I said not looking up at him.

"What do you mean nonexistent?" Sarah asked in that tone I knew so well, the condescending older sister.

"It means I don't have any with me." My eyes locked on hers, and it was like an entire conversation unfolded between us.

"You don't have any weapons?"

"No, I don't. So I'd appreciate it if I could get some."

"You were with a werewolf and you didn't have any weapons on you?" Josh asked bewildered.

"I was out with my boyfriend to have lunch and I didn't have any weapons on me. Correct." My words were harsher than I'd intended them to be.

"I have some," Trevor said mercifully rescuing me from more family drama.

When Trevor and I got up to go to the basement everyone else stood as well. I looked around.

"You two don't need to come," I said pointedly to my brother and sister. "And you just shouldn't," I said to Alex. "Actually, on second thought you should."

I didn't know if I was making the right decision or not. Should I let Alex into the arsenal? Should I bring her further into this? I promised Jared that I wouldn't turn his sister into a hunter and I had no intentions of breaking that promise. I just wasn't sure how far The Organization was willing to go, and having her learn to shoot may be a good thing.

"You and your brother." I looked over at Jared and he tensed, but he gave a slight nod.

The three of us followed Trevor to the basement. I looked around at the mats where he and I had been not too long ago, a lighter time when we hadn't had The Organization breathing down our backs.

Trevor unlocked a door and opened, it stepping inside and flipping on a light. I followed him, Jared and Alex right behind me. I heard Jared curse under his breath and I knew he felt similar to when he'd walked into the armory at my house. Over half the things in the room could kill him.