Chapter Sixteen

Theme song: "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride. Be careful where you listen to this song it will make you cry, I don't cry often (not even at the gas station with Augustus Waters) but this song never fails to bring tears to my eyes. This version is a cover but very well done.

"Darren, Steve pretend you can't hear me but scratch your elbow if you can," I whispered

They both did

"I think there is another vampire around here I don't know who it is. It doesn't smell like a vampire exactly but it's not human or animal for sure," I continued

I heard movement above me and the smell was stronger than before, warily I looked up and bit my thumb to keep from screaming.

There is a purple and red thing in the tree I am beside. I looked harder and I could make out a leg, arm, fingers. It was in the body of a person just the skin was purple with red eyes, hair, and nails.

"What-what are you?" I stammered

"Sweet fair girl, I'm a vampaneze. Did your master ever tell you about us?" He obviously didn't need an answer, but my bitchyness came out even though I was about to crap myself.

"No shit Sherlock, so the hell is going on are you some kind if vampire?"

"Yes,"

"I thought so but what do you want with me?"

"You are a interesting girl. Were you always that pretty? I doubt it I bet you grew about 2 chest sizes. But the question is why? Why my lovely child why?"

"I'm a vampire so I got beautiful what more is there?" The bell rang "Hey Dr. Creeps A Lot that's my cue I gotta go to class, I hope I won't see you soon."

"Talk to your master about me, Flower, he shall explain such worries to you!" he exclaimed as I went to meet Steve on the field. I tried my best to shake off those annoying pet names, but trust me when a purple guy calls you 'Flower', you tend to remember.

Steve jogged up to me.

"What happened, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine I will tell you in private with Darren."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my forehead as we walked off the field. I saw Darren sitting on a bench talking to the boys. He looked at us questioningly I whispered 'tell you later,' he nodded so we went back to class.

---------------------------------------------

"Why. Is. This. Happening. Now?" my words are being separated by deep erratic sobs. I'm crying so hard I think I might throw up. As the tortured cries rake my body in to a hopeless void of bitter reminders of sweet memories.

Tyler Tanic my beautiful horse died over night. I am sitting in his stall, were he was casted, his head in my lap so destroyed that when Steve tried to hug me I growled at him. Casting is where a horse lays down and can't get up; their system cannot function laying that way for so long and they stop working, causing death. Before anyone else got here I took out a very small bottle, just like what they put shark teeth in, and filled it up with Tyler's blood. As I tucked it away in my pocket I heard our 'clean up crew' pull in.

"Where ever they put him is where I want to go" I whispered to Isabel

"Liz you aren't allowed to bury a person any old place" Bell tried to say as delicately as she could.

"Then put him by the old building were I am going to 'die' okay? I want it to be symbolic." I insist as I pull out a cigarette and lighter.

"'Lizabeth!" Isabel said accusingly, I hate when she says ''Lizabeth' why can't she just say 'Elizabeth' or 'Lizzy'?