Chapter 11

((hey guys! Sorry about this taking so long. I've had a bit of writers block with this story, but I think I have it on track again :) I hope that you like the chapter!))

Chapter 11

            Jessica woke up as she normally did, to the sound of Sophie crying. The girl moved and she picked up the baby, her daughter already calming down. Jessica got up and she walked around the room, waking both herself and Sophie up a bit more as Jessica looked at the clock. The kids would be up soon, she supposed.

            Walking out of the room, Jessica looked over at the couch and saw Chibs sitting up, woken from Sophie’s cries. Lucy looked up from her sleeping spot, but not moving. She slept between the kid’s bedrooms in the hallway. Jessica thought that it was because it was a spot where she would be able to see the front door and would be able to hear each of the kids if something was wrong with them.

            Jessica whispered to Chibs as she started the coffee, still holding Sophie, “Sorry.”

            Chibs gave her a smile and he shook his head, “no problem, lass. I had a daughter myself. I know what it is like to have a child as a morning alarm.”

            Jessica gave him another smile before Chibs made his way as quietly as he could, though he still had heavy steps, to the table and he sat down. I set Sophie in her chair and gave her a cup of yogurt so that the girl could get occupied getting her fingers in her breakfast before spreading it over her face, getting some in to eat. Out of all the kids, Sophie was a messy eater. Heidi barely ate and the boys were just impatient, but weren’t too messy. Sophie would rather paint her face with the food rather than eat it.

            It was a couple of weeks since Jessica and the kids first got here. She gotten used to the guys coming around more. She was okay in the house during the day, but she still hated the night. She still hate the dark, but it felt better to know that one of the guys, Gemma, or Lyla were on the couch. She hated keeping them here, but she was constantly told that there wasn’t a problem with it. She slowly had gotten to know all of the guys. At first it was just Gemma that came over and Chibs came over now and then, but slowly they introduced her to the others by Jax staying at the house with her and the newly met member for a couple of hours before leaving them.

            She couldn’t believe how patient that they were being with her. They made sure she was comfortable and it wasn’t something that she was used to. She got a bit more comfortable around the town, even though about doing things with the kids, but she mostly just stayed inside, deciding against it. She didn’t want to go out anywhere alone unless she needed to, like when she went shopping for groceries.

            Jessica had gotten into the habit of putting on coffee though in the morning. Though she didn’t drink it, the guys did and she was happy to make sure that they were fed in the morning as a thank you with that coffee.

            She looked over at Chibs when she saw him look at Sophie and grin when he saw her splatter the yogurt on her cheeks. Jessica smiled as well and went to the fridge to get out waffles to put in the toaster, the milk, and juice that she would fill the kids cups with. She looked at Chibs and asked as she opened the pack of waffles, “do you know when you have to leave today?” Sometimes she would rush in the mornings to make sure that the guys were fed before leaving.

            Chibs shook his head, “nowhere I need to go today until later for work at TM.”

            Jessica nodded and put in four waffles in the toaster before she sat down at the table as well, “thank you for staying the night.”