Chapter 10

Chapter 10

            Jax walked into the clubhouse the next morning around nine. He noticed that most of the guys were here already besides some of the prospects, which he knew were doing work somewhere else. Jax saw Chibs and Tig at the bar and he sat down in front of them. They gave him a greeting.

            “You shouldn’t be drinking so early,” Jax tried to joke.

            “It’s happy hour somewhere in the world I’m sure.” Tig said as he took another drink of his beer.

            Jax grinned and saw Happy and Rat walk over to him. He turned so that they would know he was in their attention as well. Happy asked him in his rough voice, “how did Gemma do last night?”

            “I got a message from her this morning. She needs to do things at the office so she’ll be coming over soon. I think it went well,” Jax answered.

            “Who is going in today?” Chibs asked the president.

            Jax shook his head and answered, “I went with them to get a dog. Gemma said that during the day Jessica thinks that she will be fine on her own, but she would still like someone to try and stay nights.”

            Chibs nodded and said, “I can take one tonight. It might be easier since the lass knows me.”

            Jax nodded in agreement. Pretty soon, Gemma came through the doors of the clubhouse and she walked over to Jax. She gave the other guys a slight nod and she went behind the bar so that they all would see her. Jax knew that this was serious and he moved his hand to gesture Quinn, Juice, and the others to come over as well. All obeyed and Gemma looked at them all before she informed the curious Sons, “I learned some more things about Jessica last night.”

            The president nodded to urge her on and Gemma sighed, “Jessica told me that the reason she finally left was because some of the guys were….making advances on Heidi.”

            Jax didn’t really even know what he was feeling. Yes he could feel the anger, rising in his stomach, but it also seemed like a bit of nausea. Heidi was a child, an innocent little girl.

            The other guys were certainly not impressed either. Happy was mad, more than usual and Tig closed his eyes, placing his face in his hands. Gemma could understand that. He had two daughters of his own, one was dead and one was still quite older now, but it was enough for him to make things personal.

            Chibs swore under his breath and took a rather large drink before setting the bottle down again.

            “Disgusting fuckers,” Happy hissed. Happy Lowman could handle many things, but he knew very well that a child’s innocence to sexuality was not something to be tolerated. And he didn’t. Not by a long shot.

            Gemma nodded after the guys had some of their reactions and she said, “whatever happens, we can’t allow the kids to go back. They aren’t safe.”

            “Lucas didn’t say anything?” Jax asked, his voice a bit darker than normal.

            Gemma shook her head and hissed, “asshole told her that she should shut up and not care.”

            Jax let out a long breath and he knew what that meant. He couldn’t believe that a father would allow his own children to be exposed to pedophilia. Not only was he allowing it, he was encouraging it. Heidi’s fate was decided the instant she came out of Jessica and Lucas saw her gender. It made him sick. To his own daughter he was ready to sell her off to other guys at the little age that she was. Jax didn’t blame Jessica for running now. That was all she could do. She couldn’t fight it. It would get her hurt and it might have led Lucas on.

            Nodding, Jax told her, “I’m sure all of us are willing to make extra protection on Jessica and the kids.”

            All of the other men nodded in agreement, looking back towards Gemma. She looked at them and said, “she also told me about Michael, the boy that has been helping her and who messed up the house retail system. Apparently he’s Lucas’s very close cousin.”

            Jax let out another long breath, “shit.”

            He already knew God forbid if Lucas found out what Michael had done.

            “Jessica said that he trusts Michael to no end and since Michael is in the club too, he is able to keep a very easy and close eye on the club and what they are doing. I was thinking if Jessica can convince him to talk with the Sons of Anarchy too then we would have a lot of insight in the club activities, make it easier on us to know what is going on.

            Everyone nodded, but still looked to Jax, who too was nodding, “it would make things really easier to have an insider like that. It would be a lot easier to keep in the loop, protect Jessica if things go wrong.”

            Gemma nodded and said, “you can talk to her about that. If it means the safety of the kids I’m sure that she will agree and get Michael to go on board with this plan.”

            Jax sighed and looked at Chibs, “would you want to try and do that tonight?”

            Chibs nodded and told him, “I’m sure that I will be able to do that.”

            Gemma looked over at him, “you’re going over tonight.”

            “I thought that it would be the best since she knows me,” Chibs answered, “so that it would give you a break for tonight.”

            Thinking of saying something, Gemma decided against it and said something else that would not sound as rude, “if you are going to stay with her tonight, try and call her so that she knows ahead of time and isn’e surprised. Around me she was a bit…there was a little struggle. Men in her home overnight will be a bit more of a challenge even if she knows you. If you give her a heads up she will probably be able to come to terms with it instead of it just being a sprung on surprise.”

            Chibs listened to her and nodded before he answered her, “I’ll contact her at lunch and if she says no then I’ll call Lyla and see if she will be able to do it.”

            Gemma nodded in agreement and looked at Jax, “thank you for yesterday with her. I think it helped her to get more comfortable in the house and town. And even with us.”

            Jax nodded and let out a sigh. From all of this new information, Jax knew that he would not be allowing Lucas to come anywhere near those kids. He wouldn’t even consider him their father. He was a criminal, worse than so. Those kids needed protecting and so did Jessica. He would do it. He wouldn’t leave them, especially not now.