Chapter Three

Chapter 3

Jax came back to the clubhouse six hours later than when he left. He had to pick up the boys from school and take them straight to Abel’s baseball practice. Since he got out of the big house Jax has done all he could to try and go to every different practice that his sons had. Abel had baseball and soccer and Thomas was just starting to get into soccer as well. It was a busy schedule, but Jax knew how he missed so much of that already, and because he knew that it made Abel and Thomas feel better about him coming.

When the practice was done, Jax took them to the clubhouse to calm down after the exciting day. He ordered in pizza and grabbed the box on the way over. Parking a truck (one he bought a couple of weeks after he was out of prison) he helped the boys out of the truck before walking in with them.

The boys hurrying in, Jax came after them and saw the boys go to their uncles and hug them hello. Jax took the pizza to the table and he saw Tig already walking towards it. Jax shook his head and took his cigarette out of his mouth before saying, “no, these are for the boys.”

Hearing themselves, Abel and Thomas went to the table, going on the chairs quickly as Jax opened the box. Jax looked back up at Tig as he heard him say, “come on, I’m hungry too.”

“Then buy your own damn pizza,” Jax chuckled before he ruffled Thomas’s hair.

Jax turned to look at the group. Everyone was here, even Gemma. They were all drinking, talking among themselves before seeing Jax walk back towards them. Jax went right to Juice, who was working away quickly on his laptop, his brows furrowed in concentration as he looked something over. Jax asked him, “got anything, Juice?”

Juice immediately looked up, a bit surprised. He didn’t see or hear Jax come over. Juice leaned back so that Jax could get an easier look at the computer. Juice answered him, “well…no, but through that no a yes.”

Almost everyone turned to look at Juice. The boy shook his head and told Jax, “there is nothing on file about that house being sold…at least legally. I mean, it says that someone bought it, but it went under all those seller’s noses. They just see it’s been sold and paid for so they don’t go into it, but they also can’t. There is no file that seems recognizable.”

Jax sighed and asked him, “the whole ‘yes’ part of this then?”

Juice told him, “well, it’s not recognizable. In fact, a lot of houses are like that on this site. Someone deliberately screwed up their system, mixing names getting rid of information. If course when the company actually finds this out, they will most likely leave it alone, a jinx in the system that can’t be fixed.”

“So?” Jax asked.

So it’s not recognizable and it’s mixed. This was done very well, thought out, and most importantly, deliberately. This new person doesn’t want to be found and they hid their tracks well. This can very well be a person of interest, Jax. They don’t want to be found. They are either running or hiding from something from important people if they went to all of this work,” Juice answered him.

Jax and the others stood in silence for a moment. Interested, and a bit confused, Gemma walked over to them to try and get more information.

Jax asked Juice after a couple of long seconds, “is there any way to try and map the mixed information to the specific house?”

“Not without some sort of lead on who to look for. I don’t even know the gender. The most that we can do is watch the house, male or female. That will tell me something at least,” Juice answered him.

Gemma asked suddenly, “what are we talking about?”

Chibs informed her, stepping forward a little bit, “a new person has moved into Charming, very quickly and we think it could be a danger. You know that little red house? In a matter of hours it was legally pronounced sold and only about eight hours later did someone moved in.”