Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

            Jessica waited at her table, her fingers folded together on the table as she stared at her gun. Her hands were shaking slightly and she was doing all that she could to remain calm.

            It was almost eight o’clock.

            The kids had been in bed for about an hour now so the house was quiet. She tried to read to pass the time but she found that she couldn’t concentrate. She was far too nervous. She didn’t know how many men were coming and she hoped that Gemma would come. Jessica didn’t know how comfortable that she would be being in the situation where she was the only girl out of the group.

            Michael said that the club seems to be on a good track, not a record like Lucas that was no where near the sign of abuse on others and they seemed to have mostly petty charges, though he warned her about the murders on the rival biker gangs. He made her promise to call him once they left or else he would start making a trip over to her house himself to make sure that she and the kids were okay.

            So all Jessica had to do was wait.

            And it was making her all the more nervous.

            However, in the silence she jumped when she heard motorcycles. From what she could hear there were not many, but she still had the slight fear from the sound. It always meant before that Lucas was coming for her. She wondered if this morning when Gemma and her son visited if they stopped down the road and walked up to the house so that they wouldn’t scare her.

            She heard the bikes get nearer until she knew that they were in her driveway. She held her breath when she heard them turn off. There was also the sound of a vehicle that seemed to turn off as well. It was a couple of moments later but soon she heard a slight knocking at her door.

            Jessica took in a deep breath before she got up. She took the gun with her just in case and held it behind the door as she looked through the peep hole and saw Gemma out front with two people behind her but Jessica couldn’t see their faces at the time.

            The blonde carefully unlocked the door and opened it slowly. Gemma gave the girl a comforting smile, “Hi sweetie. Can we come in?”

            Jessica looked at her and then at the people behind her. There were only two. She recognized the blonde as Gemma’s son, but the other one was a tall man with a bit of weight on him. He had slightly tanner skin and ear length brown hair that was starting to grow grey with some scars on his face. Gemma told Jessica, “it’s only us three. We knew you said that you didn’t want to have a lot of people over.”

            Jessica looked at them again and nodded before she opened the door more. She said quietly, but still loud enough for them to hear, “take a seat at the table…can I get you anything?”

            Gemma came in, her heels clicking against the ground. When the last man came in, Jessica shut the door again and set the gun down to her side, trying to hold her nerves. Gemma took notice of the gun and said as she sat down, “you okay, hun?”

            Jessica looked at her and nodded before she placed the gun on the table near her and sat down, “I just keep it as protection.”

            Gemma nodded and said, “that’s not a bad idea.”

            Jessica looked nervously at the others around her table before the blonde said in a quiet voice so that he wouldn’t alarm Jessica or wake the kids, “I’m Jax Teller, darling. I’m the president of Charming’s Sons of Anarchy. This is Chibs, he’s the VP.”