Chapter 25: Happy Enough

Recap:

“So mei mei, you heard her. You can still attend her party some other time, so don’t be sad anymore. And besides, we already celebrating it today.”, Aaron comforted his little sister.

The long night was an amazing night for them. Even said to Diamond that she will be there at the airport too before they leave. Diamond, on the other hand, promised to Aaron and Even that she will study harder so that she can get higher grades.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early in the morning, Aaron and his sister already arrived at the airport. Even though Diamond wants to stay longer, she can’t do something as she already promised to her brother to go back to Paris and study harder. After few minutes, Jiro and his sisters already arrived with Ben, Liya and Even. While waiting for the flight, the Wang sisters got a chance to talk with Even and Diamond with Liya. Even if it’s just a short time of bonding of the girls, they are happy to get to know each other more.

After sending their little sisters to the airport, they went to a restaurant to eat their lunch. The two girls can see how sad Jiro and Aaron are while eating. They can’t blame anyone as their sisters really need to go back to Paris and continue their studies.

“Eh? Are you guys free today? Let’s go watch a movie.”, Even tried to lighten up the mood as she doesn’t want to see them like that before her birthday.

“Yeah, that’s a nice idea, Even.”, Liya agreed. “I’ll call the others to come here.”

“No need, Liya.”, Jiro spoke. Liya looked at him worriedly. “I mean, why not we can watch the movie without them.”

“You’re right.”, Liya mumbled, putting down her phone.

After watching the movie, the mood already lightens up. The two boys thanked Even about her idea. It helps them to forget the sadness that they had this morning.

At the Chen’s mansion, Donghae knocked at Ivy’s room. He wanted to talk to her privately so by that, he can help his bestfriend to know the feelings of the girl for Siwon. Ivy opened the door and looked who knocks at her door. She wasn’t surprise anymore that it was Donghae as she knew he slept at their house last night, in the other guest room.

“Oh hey, what’s with the morning?”, Ivy chuckled.

“Nothing much. I just want to talk to you for a while.”, Donghae smiled at her.

“Sure, come in.”, she said as she let Donghae entered her room. “So oppa, what is it?”

“Hmm…”, Donghae mumbled while thinking how to start the conversation. “I just want to know why you picked me to be your partner in the amusement park and not my bestfriend?”, he asked her direct to the point.

“I--… I don’t know.”, Ivy don’t know how to answer.

“Are you still mad at him from what happened before.”, Donghae asked again. Ivy looked at him in disbelief as she was surprised that Donghae knew what happened already.

“How—how did you know?”, Ivy shrugged.

“Siwon told me.”, Donghae straightforwardly said. “Ever since that day you avoiding him, I’m the only one who he can lean on. I’m always at his house to listen to why you’re avoiding him. To tell you the truth, when he said to you that he has a crush on Si-Young, Si-Young heard it actually. And she helped him to go to your house, but your mom said that you’re not there.” He looked at Ivy to get some reaction but she was dumbfounded.