Chapter 13: Shining Star

Recap:

“Exactly. You’re coming with me at Ivy’s school.” She said.

“Why are we going there?” he asked.

“My sister will be having a school performance. And we’ll be going to watch her perform. So now, you must get dressed. Go!”, Ella pushed him to his room and let him change his clothes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ella and Siwon arrived at the school on time. The school event will be starting now. They proceed to the nearest chairs on the stage. At the backstage, excitement and nervousness can be seen on the performers. But of course, before it starts, Ms. Hou gave them some encouragement.

After a short introduction, the first performers came up on stage. Jiro and Liya will be playing guitar while Aaron and Even will play piano. Their piece is the song “Zhe Shi Ai”. As they play, the harmony of both instruments are so perfect. While playing, Liya and Jiro can’t help but to look at each other. There’s a special chemistry between them on stage. And for Aaron and Even, they are just allowing themselves to feel the tune. Eventhough they are not looking at each other that much, there’s still a connection between them that only the two of them can feel.

They finished it with a loud applause from the audience. They bowed and exited the stage. The next performers went up on stage. They let the audience see what the Music Club members can do; they sing and play instruments at the same time. The others play as a band.

And the finale has come; the final performers went up on stage. While preparing the drum set, Chun noticed a familiar girl near the stage. Ivy tapped his shoulders and smiled.

He got what Ivy means. “Ella?”, he asked himself. He was sure that she’s his fiancée. At the other side, Calvin and Reen are now ready with their cellos. They are just waiting for the signal. After a while, Chun signals the others to get ready. They played the song, “Intuition” by C.N. Blue. While the performers enjoying the moment on stage, Siwon looks at Ivy all the time.

“Hey! I know that my sister looks so pretty on stage but please, don’t stare too much. She might melt right away.”, Ella teased as she noticed on how Siwon stared at Ivy.

“Hmph. I can play drums, you know.”, he whispered to himself but Ella heard it too.

“You are jealous, aren’t you?”, Ella teased again.

“Me? Jealous? Come on. I’m not jealous, okay?”, Siwon fights back.

Ella laughed at Siwon’s action. She knew that he’s jealous. But why he would be jealous. They guy beside Ivy was her fiancé, for God’s sake. “Okay, fine. Don’t be so defensive. You’re so obvious.”, she laughed again.

After the beautiful performances from the students of Music Club, Ella pulled Siwon with her to go to the backstage. As they enter, she hugged her fiancé first. She misses his presence so much. Siwon approached Ivy and greeted her.

“Ella! Since when you arrived. How come I didn’t know it?”, Chun asked his fiancée.

“it’s a surprise, you know.” Ella happily said.

“Hmph… That’s so unfair.”, Chun pouted.

“Hao le. Don’t be mad now. Here, I have a present for you.” She handed the gift that the girls picked for Chun.

The others just laughed at their sweetness as they know how Chun and Ella miss each other for so long. After Chun wore the watch from Ella, he noticed a guy who entered the room with Ella.