Chapter 23: At Least You Have Me

Recap:

It’s almost time for the next class when Siwon finished the book that he’s reading. Along with Ariel and Ruby, they left the library quietly. Siwon, of course, kept his distance from the two girls after what happened to Ivy’s house.

While walking, Ariel saw a guy and he seems that he’s lost. “Hey handsome, are you lost?”, Ariel approached the guy.

The guy looked back and saw Siwon standing between the two girls. “Siwon hyung!”, the guy hugged Siwon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Donghae?”, Siwon looked at the guy, surprised.

“Yes, it’s me hyung. Missed me?”, Donghae smiled at him, seeing that he missed his bestfriend.

“Of course. It’s been a while since I saw you.”, Siwon said. “How are you?”

“I’m totally fine. It’s just that I miss those days that we hang out together with some other friends. How about you? I heard that you’re living with the Chen’s family.”, Donghae happily answered. “Hey, I have a lot of stories to tell about when you’re gone from Korea.”

“You’re right. You know, I need to catch up as well from what’s happening there while I’m gone. What about let’s go to the coffee shop near here?”, Siwon suggested.

“Yeah.”, Donghae agreed. “But wait, how about your class?”

“One absent doesn’t hurt, right? Just this time only and besides, I miss hanging out together with you, just like you said.”, Siwon smiled.

The two immediately went to the coffee shop near at the University. Donghae started to tell Siwon that when Si-Young came back to Korea, she tried moved on and later, she had a boyfriend. Siwon is happy to hear that his crush from childhood had already moved on. A lot of happy and sad moments happened to Siwon’s friend from Korea, especially that Donghae is one of the famous dancers in their country.

“And so, how about you and Ivy?”, Donghae changed the topic.

“What do you mean by Ivy and me?”, Siwon pretended.

“Oh come on brother, I know that you really miss her since forever. And know that you’re living in one roof, so what’s the score?”, Donghae asked playfully.

“I don’t know.”, Siwon suddenly became sad. “Ever since I came here with Ella, Ivy always avoiding me and I don’t know why. I feel like she’s angry whenever I’m around or whatever.” He didn’t tell the part that he heard Ivy confessed in her dreams.

“Aiyoo… Don’t be sad.”, his bestfriend comforted him. “Remember when you told me that how she avoided you before? Maybe she has feelings for you since childhood that’s why she’s like that. I guess that you should talk to her about it. I mean, you should treat her nicely and let her feel that she’s special for you.”, Donghae suggested.

“What do you mean by treating her nicely.”, Siwon asked, dumbfounded.

“Pssshhh… It’s so obvious that you liked her since then but you’re trying to avoid that feeling!”, Donghae just spilled the secret that his bestfriend is hiding from the very start.

Yes, it’s his first crush. Even though he had a crush from Si-Young, Ivy is always been his first crush. He didn’t confess it to her before as he’s afraid that it might break their friendship. But when he said to Ivy that he has a crush on Si-Young, it became worst. “Am I that obvious?”, Siwon mumbled.