Chapter 16: Wandering Alone

Recap:

Meanwhile, Ivy stomped off outside and went to her favorite place in their house which is the secret garden that she made when she was younger. It’s where she always hang-out whenever she wants to be alone. While still thinking from what happened earlier, she didn’t notice a girl walking to her direction and got bumped unto the girl.

“Oh my… I’m so sorry. I didn’t--”, the girl apologized but got stopped. “Ivy?”, the girl said in disbelief.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

“Le-Lee Si-Young?”, Ivy shuttered. “Wh-what are you doing here?”

“Hi Ivy. Long time, no see.”, Si-young gave her a light hug.

The girl named Lee Si-young was wearing a black strapless dress with a red ribbon around the wait. She’s wearing 3 inches high heels that made her taller than Ivy. Actually, Si-young and Ivy were not that close friends. But because of Siwon, they knew each other.

They went to an empty bench to have a talk for a while. “So how’s life?”, Ivy asked while looking at the stars. To tell the truth, Ivy doesn’t know how to start the conversation.

“Do you know how sad Siwon is when you never appear and play with him before?”, Si-young asked, not answering Ivy’s question.

“Huh? I don’t know what are you talking about.”, Ivy asked, trying to avoid the topic related to Siwon.

“Ivy, I know that you know what am I talking about.”, Si-young still opening up that topic.

*FLASHBACK*

“Ivy, I want to tell you something.”, little Siwon said.

“What is it?”, she giggled.

“I like… I like Lee Si Young.”, he happily said. Ivy was shocked and didn’t expect it to happen.

“I— I…”, she doesn’t know what to say. She was… She wants to cry but tears won’t come out and she’s afraid that Siwon might know that she has a crush on him. “I- I need to go home. Ella jie is looking for me now. Bye.”, she ran out of Siwon’s house.

From then on, Ivy never visited Siwon ever again. Whenever they are in Korea, Ivy was just at their house and plays alone. One time, when Ivy was at their backyard, she saw Siwon and Si Young playing together. She thought that Siwon already forgotten about her. It hurts so much for her and every night, she was crying alone at her room.

Everyday, Siwon and Si-young are playing at Siwon’s place but there’s something, well someone, is missing. Even though he’s with Si-young, there’s a part of him that misses the presence of his friend, Ivy. Si-young already know that Siwon had a crush on her, but she didn’t mind at all as she only treats him as a little brother.

“Hey Siwon, why not we go to Ivy’s place. I know that you already misses her.”, little Si-young suggested.

“That’s a nice idea. But it seems that she doesn’t want to play with me anymore. Since when I admitted to her that I have a crush on you, she never visited me here again.”, little Siwon said with a sad voice.

“Aiyoo… Maybe, she’s just afraid that she will have no playmate after that. You know, after you say that you have a crush on me. Let’s go and play with her.”, Si-young pushed her out of his house and went to Ivy’s place.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Upon knocking on the door, Mrs. Chen was the one who opened the door. “Oh, hi Siwon. Are you looking for Calvin?”, Mrs. Chen asked. “And who’s that pretty girl besides you?