Chapter 4

GUYS CLICK ON THE PICTURE ABOVE! Uh if you can't see the message, go to Scott's website, and brighten the picture.
_______________________

Mikey waited around the pizzeria for almost seven hours, but he found ways to entertain himself. During that time he watched the few children there who were laughing while running around, and cheering for the animatronics that were singing and dancing around on stage. There was one that looked like a brown bear, wearing a little black top hat. He was in beside a purple bunny with a red guitar and bow, and what looked like a chicken holding a cupcake with a bib that read "Lets eat". Mikey thought they looked sorta creepy, though. They had what looked like blood coming out of their eyes and mouths. But Mikey just shook it off. 'Its probably pizza sauce..'

"Okay kids! It's closing time!" One of the workers called out. The small group of kids whined and reunited with their parents, then they walked out the exit. Mikey waited for somebody for give him instructions on where to go and what to do.

The animatronics watched as the children left. Freddy looked over at Mikey as he sat at a table. Mikey shivered, getting a bad vibe.

The manager walked out from a hallway and towards Mikey's table.

"Hello there. You must be... Michel...angelo Hamato, correct?" He asked with a smile, holding out his hand. Mikey stood up to shake it.

"That's me! But call me Mikey." Mikey smiled back and let go of the mans hand.

"Alright, Mikey. Right this way." The manager lead Mikey down a corridor to a small room. It had a door on each side, with two buttons beside that underneath read "DOOR" and "LIGHT". Mikey walked into the room and sat on the chair. He glanced around the room, looking at posters of the characters he saw earlier in the dining hall. There was a touch screen tablet on the desk, alongside a phone and a fan. The room was dimly lit with a single ceiling lamp.

"And this here is your room." He then looked at his watch.

"I can't stay much longer. I have... Other things I have to do." The manager told Mikey nervously, checking his watch again.

"How will I know what to do?" Mikey asked. Why did he have to leave so urgently?

"There will be a phone call for you to answer. The man will tell you what to do." He then checked his watch again.

"Well I better get going. Goodnight, Mikey!" The manager scurried out of the room and exited the building.

"What was that all about?" Mikey said to himself. The clock then chimed. It was the beginning of his first shift.

After about a minute or two, the phone rang, startling Mikey.

"Ah! Oh... It's the phone." Mikey picked up the phone and held it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"'Hello? Hello?"

"Hi..." Mikey replied.

''Uuhm, I wanted to record a message for you, to help you get settled down here on your first night. "

"Wait you're a recording?" Mikey continued to listen.

"'Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I am finishing my last week now, as a matter of fact. "

'Well at least this guy is experienced.'

"So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming,"

'Kinda...'

"but I am here tell you, there is nothing to worry about. You'll be fine."

"Oh that's good."

"So let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay? Uhm, Let's see. First there is a introductory reading from the company, that I am suppose to read. It's kinda of a legal thing, you know?"

"Yeah okay.." Mikey didn't know why he was talking to the recording. It made him feel better than not having someone to talk to.

"Uh, Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A magical place for kids and grown ups alike, where fantasy and fun comes to life. Fazbear entertainment is not responsible for damage to proberty or person. Upon discovery of the damage or death of a person, a missing persons will be filed within 90 days to you as soon as possible, after the place has been firmly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced. Blah blah blah. Now, that might sound bad, I know,"

"You think?!?" Mikey was staring to regret taking this job. What did he mean "damage or death of a person"?

"But there is really nothing to worry about."

"I hope so..."

"Uh, the animatronic characters do get a bit... quirky at night. But do I blame them? No. If I was forced to sing those same stupid songs for 20 years, and I never got a bath, I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too."

"I guess."

"So remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children. So show them a little respect. Right? Okay. So just be aware, the characters do tend to... wander a bit."

"Wait they move OFF the stage?"

"Um, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night. Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. They used to be able to walk around during the day too, but then there was the "Bite of '87". "

"Bite of '87?"

"Yeah. It's amazing how the human body can live without the frontal lobe. You know?"

'I better ask Donnie what a frontal lobe is...'

"Now, concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as the night watchmen here, IF any, is the fact that these characters... Uh, if they happen to see you after hours, they probably wont recognise you as a person. They'll most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton, without it's costume on."

"Okay...?"

"Now, because that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's pizza, they will probably try to... forcefully stuff you into a Freddy Fazbear suit."

"Eh... I like bears."

"Now that wouldn't be so bad, if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. So you can imagine having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those. It would cause some discomfort... And death."

"Never mind!"

"The only parts of you that would see daylight again are your eyes and teeth, that would pop up in front of the mask. Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up."

"Not at all!"

"But hey, first day's a breeze.
I'll chat with you tomorrow, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if necesary. Got to conserve power! Well, Goodnight!''

"Goodnight...."