Chapter 10

Mikey's POV:

Mikey ran out the doors and to the parking lot without second thought. Just because it was morning didn't mean they couldn't still catch him! He dreaded the idea of going to his third night, things were already bad enough. Just as he was about to leave, he saw April walking down the sidewalk, coming towards the pizzeria.

"What's she doing here....?!"

April walked up to Mikey and smiled.

"Hey Mikey! How was work..?" She asked him.

"Where do I start? It was HORRIBLE! That's right, H-O-R-A-B-L-E!" He exclaimed.

"Mikey, it's H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E, not-" 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever! You get the point...!" He interrupted.

"Anyway," he continued, "I was doing so great! Well other than the evil chicken-duck girl animal robot thing standing in my door all night... Then the power turned out, and the bear came and I thought I was gonna die!"

April chuckled quietly.

"Mikey, I'm sure whoever told you they're trying to kill you is just trying to scare you. They probably do that to all the new people, you know?" She reasoned.

"Wait... Whose side are you on?! Before you believed me, like an hour ago, and now you're acting like you didn't even read those newspapers!"

"I know, I know. But doesn't it all seem a bit silly now? I gave it some thought, and there's no way this could all be real and still have the place reopen for the third time..!" She explained her thoughts. Mikey shook his head.

"Nah, you gotta believe me!" He then thought for a moment.

"...Well tonight I'm bringing a camera! Then you'll see! I'm not lying," he exclaimed.

"No way Mikey, it's a waste of your time... Just go home and get some rest, okay? You're probably just... loopy from the lack of sleep."

Mikey frowned. Now no one believed him!

"Fine," he said, starting to walk away. "But I'm telling you, the newspapers were right! You gotta go back to your old way of thinking! Whatever changed your mind is lying!" He called out as he began to run back to the lair. April sighed. But this was a sigh of relief.
___

April's POV:

With Mikey gone, she could finally investigate the place. She felt kinda bad for lying to him, but he'd get over it once she found everything out. She walked up to the door and pushed, but it didn't budge. She pulled just in case.

Locked.

April sighed again. Now she had to wait until the manager came. She looked inside the glass and saw the animatronics on stage, in their regular positions. She tried to see any detail, but was too far away. Just then, she felt a tap on her back, causing her to jump a little from the scare. She turned and saw a man with a blue coat on.

"Excuse me, miss. Can I help you?" He asked her.

"Oh, yeah..! You must be the manager, right?" She asked. He nodded.

"That'd be correct," he said, smiling slightly. She half-smiled back as he started unlocking the doors.

"What is it you needed help with?" He asked.

"Oh, um... I was wondering if you had any open work positions." She told him. He nodded.

"Of course..! We just had our grand reopening, so we're a little low on staff."