11

Kayla pulled her hair into a messy ponytail rushing down the stairs in excitement today was the day

Kayla pulled her hair into a messy ponytail rushing down the stairs in excitement today was the day. The day of the musical and she was so excited. She had her headphones in and started to dance her way towards the car. Yes she was just a regular teenage girl who got excited about things. She was making her way back to school campus to get ready for tonight. When she finally got there she greeted a few kids that were there. She made her way towards the theater room hearing people chat inside. "Hey guys!" She greeted everyone with a smile on her face. Everyone smiled back at her and waved their hands. Rony was playing the playlist of Teen Beach on the speakers.

The blonde girl took a seat on her chair waiting for the hairstyle. Who was Charlotte? She loved doing people's hair. Layal was doing everyone's makeup so she walked over to Kayla. Kayla started to sing to the songs, closing her eyes and letting the girls do their work.

On the other hand Ricky was running around his room not knowing what to wear. He was looking through clothes trying to figure out what to wear. Should he wear a flannel? A button up shirt? A t-shirt? Or what if he just went naked? Wait no. He shook his head, grabbing a black sweater and some blue jeans. He sprayed cologne on looking at himself in the mirror. God his curly hair was a mess. He rushed towards the bathroom to apply some hair gel to apply to his curls. His dad was standing on the doorway watching his son run around like crazy. His whole room was a mess now. Clothes all over the bed and the floor. He shook his head with a smile and walked down stairs.

Kayla thanks the girls before heading towards a bathroom to change into her first fit. It was just a white top with some white shorts. She also carried flip flops in her hand. Her hair was in a ponytail staying away from her face and Layal went super natural with her makeup; it even looked like she wasn't wearing any. She had a huge smile on her face but then an image of her mother popped in her head and that smile soon fell. After changing she looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath. "You're okay." She said to herself before walking out the bathroom.  As soon as the girl walked into the room Rony made her way towards her handing her the necklace that Brady wore in the movie. She gave her best friend a fake smile and wrapped it around her neck.

People were starting to arrive and she didn't know what to think at this point. She needed to see Ricky before the show. She texted him asking if he was on his way in which he replied with a yeah. She answered okay and told him to meet her at the theater room. The young girl had a small pout on her face and started to tap her foot waiting for the curly haired boy. Elliot noticed Kayla looking somewhat upset and walked towards her. "Hey, you okay?" Her blue eyes looked at the british boy and she only nodded. "Uh yeah. Just a little nervous is all." He was a little confused. "You get nervous to perform on stage?" She bit her bottom lip looking at her phone waiting for Ricky to answer.

"Yeah? Why is that hard to believe?" He shrugged sitting on top of the table. "Maybe because you look confident and so happy up there. It's like you have no doubt about anything." She huff looking down at the floor. "I still get nervous even after years of performing in front of people. I feel like if you don't then you're not really doing what you love the most. My mom used to tell me it's okay to be scared and nervous because not only does it mean you're scared but that you still love what you're doing. Many people that lose that, lose themselves and lose that love and passion." At that moment he knew what he needed to do. He needed to confess his feelings towards the short girl even if it meant him getting hurt. It's better to try and get hurt then not try at all and wonder what could have happened.