01

Kayla was brushing her hair humming to herself while also listening to her dad and her step mom argue about god knows what

Kayla was brushing her hair humming to herself while also listening to her dad and her step mom argue about god knows what. They always seem to argue. She didn't know why he even asked her to be his girlfriend?  It seems like they just like being at each other's throats than being all in love and cute. She rolled her eyes hearing her step mom try to blame once again everything on her. For some reason that woman did not like her at all but as well Kayla didn't like her much ether. She tried to take the role of her mother when she wasn't her mother at all. Kayla looks at herself in the mirror making sure she looks presentable. She wore natural makeup with a black long sleeve, some black high weight ripped jeans. She paired them off with black heel boots and her leather jacket. She grabs her two bags and her guitar heading down the stairs and walking past the dog and cat fighting.

By now her dad was used to not hearing her say goodbye or giving him a hug or something. He did miss her daughter but he didn't have much time for her, not when he's fighting with Daisy and then having to work all the time. Kayla walked down the few steps walking to the passenger side of her car and putting in all her bags. She had two bags one for school and the other one was for sports. She got on the football team last year and many people were surprised. They all thought she would quit the first day but she fought back and now she was the captain of the football team. It took awhile for the guys on the team to accept her but they ended up seeing she was much more than just a girl. Her phone started ringing making her look from the road to her phone. It was her step mom which she ignored and kept her eyes on the road.

Kayla was already running late she was not about to stop to answer her step mom to hear a stupid lecture of how disrespectful she was and blah blah blah. She parked in her usual spot seeing her two best friends standing next to their cars. "It was about time." She roll her eyes at Veronica's comment walking towards the other side of her car to grab her bags. "Instead of arguing with me can you help me with my bags?" Cameron gave her a hug grabbing her Adidas bag as well as her backpack. The blonde grab her guitar closing her car and locking it before giving both of her friends a big hug. They all made their way to school running up the stairs and making jokes leaving Kayla behind since she had heels on. "You losers!" She carefully made her way up the stairs. "It's not my fault you have heels on!" Laugh Cameron running down the hall with Veronica next him.

She went up the last step smiling and taking a deep breath. She made the mistake of looking through the hall because she saw Ricky by Nini's locker. He was staring at the ground with a sad and shocked expression. Kayla and Ricky had known each for two years now and it was because of their parents. Kayla's mom was best friends with Ricky's dad but she passed away about five months away. And now after what happened this summer she wanted nothing to do with the curly haired boy who would always make her smile when she thought of her mom or even missed her. Big Red notices her causing him to smile at her and wave. "Hey Kay." He yelled causing Ricky's head to rise up looking at her. Her happy smile was now gone and now there was a small smile that she gave Big Red. She waved at him turning around and walking the other direction where her friends had run off.