06

The blonde girl was eating her pasta and chicken not really talking much

The blonde girl was eating her pasta and chicken not really talking much. Her step mother didn't really know what to say mostly when they never really talked. Most of the talking was them yelling at each other. The young girl looked at Daisy who was looking down at the pasta and slowly moving it around. "I want to apologize. I'm sorry for being rude." That caused Daisy to look up. Her face lights up a little giving her step daughter a small smile. She placed a hand on Kayla's hand. "It's okay, I understand. I wanted to fit in and I've been trying so hard to be your mom when I'm not." Kayla was about to talk when Daisy cut her off. "Can we start over again? And this time I promise I'll try not to yell at you but you have to tell me atleast where you're going."

Her step mother held up a pinky for her intertwine with hers. "Okay, I'll try." She gave her a small smile intertwining their pinkies together. The rest of the night consists of them getting to know each other more. Sometimes they would both make jokes and giggle at each other.

The Next Day (Kayla's Birthday/ Homecoming)

Everyone was in place ready to act out a scene from the musical. Kayla stood in front of Gabby and Spencer. She had a mad and hurtful face. Gabby looked between the blonde and the guy standing next to her. "What's going on?" The brunette girl opened her mouth looking around before answering. "Brady, it's already over. Where were you?" She looked into the blonde's eyes waiting for an answer. "Listen, uh, I... I better be going." Spencer felt awkward seeing all of this happen. He looked back at the girl next to him handing her his umbrella. "In case you need it." The girl only gave him a nod with a small smile. "I will see you guys tomorrow."

They watched as Spencer left, finally walking away from the school. "You could've at least shot me a text." Said Kayla frustrated looking at Gabby. "I did. Twelve."

Ricky walked through the halls next to his best friend. "Come on, dude, I'm just saying, this is your chance." Big Red tried to keep up with his best friend who seemed to be speed walking down the hall. "The last thing I'm gonna do is ask Nini to Homecoming on the day of the dance." The curly haired boy answered frustratedly. "But she's single and ready to mingle."

"Yeah! And I had you hear it from Ashlyn, who heard it from Seb. I'm telling you, Nini hardcore friend-zoned me. I also need to figure out this thing between me and Kayla." He shook his head walking faster and away from Big Red. "Then ask her as friends! We can all hang out together! Like the good old days!"

Kayla shook her head looking away from Gabby. "No, you didn't." The brunette only nodded ponting at her with the umbrella. 'Yeah, check your phone." The blonde looked at her confused. "What?" Checking for her phone in her front pockets she looked down at the ground. "Is it too much for you to take one thing seriously?" Somehow those words affected Kayla more than she thought. "At least I take us seriously." She shot back with such force. "What? I take us seriously. You were forty five minutes late." The blonde looked at her with anger on her face slowly nodding at her. "What were you doing? Did you just forget?" Kayla looked up and around before answering her. "I was... It was nothing."