Exposed

I do not own the song Kat sings in this chapter. Yes, I know what the song is actually about, but I felt it could be interpreted in many ways, and I may have changed a few words here and there. I put the video on the side, actually it's the lyric video. I didn't want to offend anyone with the actual video. But if you haven't heard this song you need to listen to it, and the real video is pretty great. I mean what it portrays and I love how Hozier openly expressed his views on the matter. Now that took balls.

Sorry this one is a bit short.

I still need to cast people!!!! Please help me!!!!

I'm running out of creative ways to say this: POTO IS NOT MINE!

And as always, comment and vote please!

Kat's POV

        Hours slowly turned to days and days turned to weeks. Before I knew it, it was the day before Christmas and I was forced to sit in the drawing room, at the piano, and sing carols for my crazy siblings. Of course most of the only songs I knew they had never heard of. I guess that's what happens when you're from the future...

        "Okay enough with the all the merry bullshit!" Damien said when I finished singing Silent Night.

        "Well what am I supposed to play?" I asked.

        "Try something on a more, dismal, note." Our heads snapped up to the doorway where our mother stood. "What?" She asked as if nothing happened.

        Her hair was in it's normal painfully tight up-do and her black gown hung loosely around her thin figure. She had grown paler than I remembered and her eyes were blood-shot as if she had been crying.

        "It's nice of you to come out of hibernation for the holidays." Damien said sarcastically.

        "Well I heard the three of you down here and I figured I should probably wish my only daughter a happy birthday." She said it as if the very thought exhausted her.

        "Thanks." I mumbled in sudden realization. I had been so preoccupied lately that I'd completely forgotten my own birthday.

        "You were born on Christmas Eve?" Ezra asked from his seat at the window.

        "She never told you? How, peculiar." Our mother said with a dull note of suspicion playing in her voice. 

        "I forgot." My voice came out in almost a whisper, as it always did when she was near.

        She walked to a seat near the window, and Ezra, that faced the piano and sat. "Hmmm-well are you going to play something?"

        Her eyes held my own shocked expression for few moments. "What do you want to hear?"

        "Like I said, something dismal." She said with a sigh.

        "And that ladies and gentlemen is the true meaning of Christmas!" Damien hollered and threw his hands up in the air.

        I ignored his sarcasm while Ezra shot him a dirty look. My mind was racing in an effort to find a song that would suit her taste. It took a few minutes but I eventually got the perfect idea. I was still angry with her and hated her with every ounce of my being, so I decided that pissing her off was the best route to take. I wanted to prove a point and I was out for blood.