Angel of Music...you may have to hide a bit longer

Author's Note: I've been doing some reading and I have concluded that most people, who write on this website, tend to not curse as much as I do in their writing. So....I would like to formally apologize for my potty mouth. I'm going to try to ease up on the, suggestive language, a bit. But please don't hold me to those words because odds are, I'll completely forget about this in a few days, just saying. Oh and I still don't own The Phantom of the Opera, if I did the cast probably would have hung me by now!

        I entered the prima donna room expecting it to be over crowded and ridiculous, I was wrong. The ceiling was high, which made the rest of the room look ten times bigger than it actually was. The walls were lined with ridiculous paintings of Carlotta from multiple operas. There was a huge bed on the far left hand side of the room, and standing on the wall right across from the door was, the mirror.

        Madame Giry closed the door in Ezra's face, then turned to me with a scowl planted on her own. "It appears you haven't done what you've been told, as usual." Her arms were folded across her chest and she looked pretty scary, but I ignored her anyways and headed towards the mirror.

        I stared at my reflection for what seemed like hours. The bruise on my forehead had doubled in size, now it stretched into my hair line. It was beginning to turn a dark shade of purple. I reached up and touched it as gently as I could, but I still winced in pain. Oh that is definitely going to be there for a while. I stepped back so I could look myself over. I almost fell down when I saw my hair. It was usually short and thin, but now it had at least doubled in length. I ran my fingers through the thick black waves in astonishment.

        "Kat? Are you alright over there?" My face flushed as I spun around to see Christine standing in the doorway.

        "Yeah, I'm fine." I cocked my head to the side and gave her a skeptical look. "So you lost your voice, huh?"

        Her cheeks turned red as she suppressed a fake cough. "Yes...it would appear so..." 

        I smiled. "Now why don't I believe you?"

        Christine stepped inside and closed the door. Taking my hand, she lead me to where Madame Giry couldn't hear us. "Oh please Kat. You know I can't go out there, especially with all those people watching!"

        "And you think I can!? Have you seen my head?" I didn't want to be mean, but I can absolutely NOT mess this story up any more than I already have.

        "I know, but..." She looked at my bruised head then at Madame Giry, who hadn't moved since I walked in. "...you're right. I'll do it, but if a backdrop falls on me you better run." A nervous smile spread across her face. 

        Letting out a relieved sigh, I walked over to the vanity that sat across from the mirror. I stood in front of the seat and stared at Christine. 

        "What?" She gave me a confused look.

        "Well you can't very well go out on stage wearing that." I pointed at the faded dress she had on. 

        "Oh, right." She sat in the chair just as Meg raced into the room.

           She was practically jumping up and down. "Did it work Christine!? Is she going to sing?

        Christine frowned at the bouncing girl. "No it didn't work."

        "But why?" She had lost her giddiness and looked like she wanted to pout.