Calm before the storm

I think it's fair to say that all hell is about to break lose...

Sorry if I start writing like a weirdo, we started reading The Hobbit in English and I'm finding it really hard to transfer from that homework to writing this. Don't get me wrong, I love the book and movies, but WOW.

I do not own The Phantom of the Opera, blah, blah, blah. 

3rd Person POV

        "He stays here." Ezra said to his brother. His words were ice.

        Damien's head flicked up and he grinned devilishly. "Who says?"

        Ezra glared at his brother with narrowed eyes. He stuffed his hands in his pockets nervously, running his fingers over the note that rested against his right hand. 

        Early this morning, he had left the lair with the excuse of needing to make an appearance so his 'friends' wouldn't worry. Erik had told him to be quick about it, and he was. 

        Once he reached his room however, he found a small piece of paper laying on his bed next to a bottle of chloroform. It was a letter from his brother. He had read it at least ten times over before he finally accepted its contents;

        Brother,

        I do not hate you for leaving me, though I do hate her. I assume you know of whom I speak? Good. Anyhow, here is what I'd like you to have accomplished by morning.

        You will use the chloroform I have provided you to temporarily 'dispose' of the phantom. Yes I know of your friendship with him, it wasn't exactly a hard thing to figure out... I am sure you've already informed him of my plans, which I do not appreciate. I would like you to find some way incapacitate him before he has a chance to reach the girl.

        Speaking of which, my plans with her are far less dreadful than you've imagined. I will drug her, with your help of course, and will take her to mother. Don't worry though, we won't exactly be handing her over entirely.

        Here is my proposal to you; help me take the girl, help me use her to destroy the monster you once called a mother. I do not know what she wants with your friend, but she seems important. 

        Remember, you are still my brother. You owe me this in the very least.

                                                                                                                        The feeling is always mutual,

                                                                                                                                                                Damien

        Erza had done as he was instructed, which would explain the scene before him. He had crept into Kat's room before returning to the lair this morning and doused her entire closet in chloroform. He had wanted to tell Erik, but his brother's proposition seemed so promising. If there was anyone on this earth who could completely and utterly destroy his mother, it was Kat. 

        Damien was playing with the small pistol he carried, spinning it around his index finger as if it were a toy. He looked down at The Phantom then at his brother.