The beginning of the end

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I just couldn't bring myself to write this. I'm sad to inform you that this is the last chapter of this story :( But don't worry! If you guys are good and don't murder me for the event in this chapter, there will be and epilogue and maybe even a sequel!

Yeah I know it's short for the last chapter, but I'm planning on answering all questions in the epilogue.

Kat's POV

        Sharp pains ran through my bare feet as we raced through passage after passage. Once I'd figured out where my mother would be, Damien had insisted that we get to the roof immediately. The ground was littered with small rocks and gravel that dug into my poor feet with each step I took. Although, the pain was nothing compared to the horror we were running towards. Not one of us knew what lied above, but each of us assumed the worse.

        Erik was ahead of me and Christine was two steps behind with Damien tailing her. After running up a short stair case, Erik came to an abrupt stop causing me to run right into him.

        "Sorry," He muttered to me before looking at Damien. "This door leads outside."

        Christine and I stretched our necks to find the door he was talking about, but it was too dark see anything.

        "Alright, I'll go first." Damien stepped up.

        I stood in front of him, blocking his path. "No, this is my fight. I'm going first."

        "Are you sure?" Erik grabbed my shoulders, turning me to face him.

        "As I'll ever be." I said unsure of myself.

        I moved around him and reached for the door handle I wasn't sure even existed.

        "Wait!" Erik stepped extremely close to me and gave me a small love-filled kiss. "Just in case. Please don't do anything stupid."

        I nodded, hoping he could see me in the darkness. My wrist slowly turned until the latch clicked. A quick gust of wind could be heard as the door flew from my grasp and slammed against the outside wall.

        Lighting flashed and thunder rolled as rain came pouring down from above. The four of us stepped outside and  into the open.

        "How nice of you to join us." A woman's voice called from the other side of the roof.

        We marched forward cautiously as the rain pounded against us. Eventually three people and that horrid mirror came into view. I noticed Ezra first, he was standing on the ledge of the roof as if he were thinking about jumping. My attention was then drawn to were she stood, next to her damned prized possession with Raoul on his knees before her. His hands and mouth were bound and a knife was inches from his throat.

        "Raoul!" Christine screamed and raced forward before anyone could stop her.

        Her fiance shook his head frantically as if to warn her. I yelled after her but it was no use, she reached the two and was instantly flung backward into a statue. I could hear Raoul's muffled screams as my sister slid to the ground, unconscious.

        "Your insane!." I yelled as I marched towards my demon of a mother.

        "Of course I am dear. Are you really just now realizing that?" She laughed, a dark smile playing on her thin lips.

        I rolled my eyes and came to a stop a few feet before her. "No, I've always know you were an evil bitch."

        Her eyes sat on fire at my words. "You little whore! I'll make you eat those words."

        She tossed Raoul aside and stalked closer to me. Erik made a move to step in her way but she held a finger up to stop him.

        "Tsk, tsk." She grinned and slowly pointed towards Ezra.

        As if on cue, he pulled a small pistol from his jacket and held it up to his temple. My breathe caught in my throat as I realized what I had to do to save the people I cared about most.

        "Okay fine, I will do whatever you want. Just don't hurt them." I stepped even closer to her, my whole body beginning to shake.

        "Oh how sweet. But you see, the thing is...I don't really care what you want." She tilted her head and smiled even wider.

        Her eyes darted to Ezra as a loud bang rang through the air around us. I watched in horror as Ezra's body went limp and fell forward, off of the building and to the street below.

        "No!" Damien yelled and ran to where his brother had been standing.

        Hot tears stung my eyes. "How could you?"

        I looked at her, my body no longer shaking with fear but with hate.

        Her smile disappeared entirely as she stalked closer to me, eyes narrowed. "It really wasn't that difficult."

        She came closer and closer until we were inches apart. Her breathe tickled my ear as she bent down and whispered, "This ends now."

        Then, without warning, a sharp pain shot through my abdomen. She backed away as I looked down at my stomach and the knife she'd lodged in it. My eyes grew wide with shock as my hands wrapped around the blade and pulled. It slid out easily.

        I slowly dropped to the ground as  blood began to seep to from the wound.

        My vision began to blur as I stared down at the mixture of blood and rain water that was pooling around me. I felt Erik fall down beside me, immediately trying to stop the bleeding.

        I knew was I beginning to lose consciousness but I fought with all my might.

        I noticed Damien suddenly stand upright from where he'd been kneeling in mourning and began jogging towards mother.

        "You don't win this time!" He screamed at her in pure anger and hatred.

        Before she could anything to defend herself, Damien picked up the knife she'd used to stab me and rammed it deep into her chest. She jerked back in shock and pain as blood poured from her mouth. Damien drove her back with full force, gaining speed with each step, until they crashed into the mirror. Shards of glass flew everywhere and the next thing I knew, Damien was lying alone on a broken mirror.

        My eyes began to grow heavy as Erik continued to apply pressure to my wound. Tears fell from his eyes as he urged me to stay with him.

        "I'll do anything, just stay with me. Please." He begged over and over again.

        I reached up and touched the unmasked side of his face. "It's okay, it's over now."

        I smiled up at him as everything went black.

*Nervous laughter* Okay before anyone forms an angry mob, just remember that I love you all and if I'm murdered you will never know what happens...Just throwing that out there.