Chapter 20:

ZEPHYR: Whoah, you must be Pouncer and Ruffrunner right?

Pouncer and Ruffrunner start growling at Zephyr.

ZEPHYR: You guys, I can explain!

The dragons come in even closer.  

ZEPHYR: Please don't eat me!!!!

Zephyr covers her face with her arms.  The dragons are about to pounce on her, when Dart calls from behind.

Pouncer and Ruffrunner look up and see Dart.  They knock Zephyr out of the way and rush to Dart's side.  Zephyr crawls over to Hiccup.

ZEPHYR: Dad are you okay?

HICCUP: Yeah, I'm fine.  Are those Dart's siblings?  (He points to Pouncer and Ruffrunner)

ZEPHYR: I think so, I've seen drawings of them in your notebooks.  

Pouncer and Ruffrunner are inspecting Dart and "talking" to her.  Finally they signal to the other dragons, who pick up Dart, Zephyr, and Hiccup from the ground.

HICCUP: Uhhh, where are they taking us?

The dragon carrying Hiccup snaps at him.

ZEPHYR: (whispers) I don't know!  Keep quiet for now!

The dragons fly through various tunnels and then finally reach a large flat area where hundreds of other dragons are gathered.  

HICCUP: Where are all the other dragons?

ZEPHYR: There were more?

The dragons descend and dump Zephyr and Hiccup onto the ground.  The other dragons make a circle around them.  Pouncer and Ruffrunner make a calling sound with their heads pointed upwards and the other dragons mimic them.  

ZEPHYR: (whispers) What are they doing?

HICCUP: I think their calling something-

The crowd parts and Toothless and the Light Fury appear.  All the dragons bow towards them.

HICCUP: Toothless?

Toothless recognizes Hiccup and immediately runs towards him.  They crash into each other and Toothless wrestles Hiccup to the ground.  

HICCUP: Hey bud!  It's been awhile hasn't it?

Toothless licks Hiccup from head to toe.

HICCUP: Aww man, that never gets old, does it?  Gross, bud.

Toothless laughs, then turns his attention to Pouncer and Ruffrunner.  He growls at them, "scolding" them for treating Hiccup so badly, until he hears Dart moaning.  The Light Fury rushes over to Dart and nudges her with her head.  Toothless follows, concerned for his daughter.  

ZEPHYR: I can help.

Toothless turns to Zephyr, surprised to see that she's all grown up.

HICCUP: (puts an arm around Zephyr) Toothless, this is Zephyr, you remember her right?

ZEPHYR: I think I know how to make Dart better... if you want me to.

Toothless steps back, letting Zephyr come close to inspect Dart.  Dart moans.

ZEPHYR: Shh, shh, it's ok Dart, everything's gonna be okay.

HICCUP: Toothless what happened to your tail?

He grabs Toothless' tail, the makeshift one Hiccup had made is gone, only shreds of it are still attached.

HICCUP: Did they get you?

Toothless runs through the crowd of dragons and returns with a stick.  He starts drawing in the dirt.  He draws ships and projectiles that look like fireballs. 

HICCUP: Fire?  

Toothless nods.

HICCUP: But your tail is coated with dragon scales!  They should be able to withstand fire!

ZEPHYR: (walks over to Hiccup) Fire that's powerful enough to burn dragons?

HICCUP: I'll need to have a talk with the man who's in charge of the ships out there-

Toothless shakes his head violently.  He draws dragons in the sand, then draws x's all over them. Hiccup and Zephyr let the thought sink in.  

ZEPHYR: (mumbles) So that's where all the dragons went.  

Toothless draws Hiccup, and then a tail.

ZEPHYR: Is that why you sent Dart to us?  So that dad could make you a new tail?

Toothless nods.

HICCUP: But bud, I don't have the supplies, not here anyway.  

ZEPHYR: I also need supplies in order to help Dart.  

Toothless hangs his head sadly.  The Light Fury comes over and places her head under his chin. 

HICCUP: (intense thinking voice) We'll need someone to bring us supplies... and talk some sense into the people up there.  They're invading your privacy!  You're sacred nature!

ZEPHYR: Dad-

HICCUP: And we're vikings!  We were supposed to protect dragons!

ZEPHYR: Dad!

HICCUP: And now we've just let them drain out all the water, kill dragons!

ZEPHYR: DAD!

HICCUP: What?!

ZEPHYR: (sighs in frustration) I think I might have an idea.