Chapter 4:

Home

Hiccup walks through the door.  Astrid is making dinner.

ASTRID: How did it go?

HICCUP: (slumps down into a chair) Terrible, I really messed up this time.

ASTRID: (walks over to Hiccup) Well?

HICCUP: I guess all the times I didn't come, they all piled up and....

ASTRID: And?

HICCUP: (shakes his head) She got mad and stormed off.

Astrid pulls up a chair beside Hiccup.

ASTRID: Well, what are you gonna do about it?

HICCUP: I guess I should go to her training session.

ASTRID: Ah ah ah!   You are gonna do more than just come to your daughter's training session.  You are going to have some father and daughter time.

HICCUP: What?

ASTRID: Hiccup you never seem to have time for her!

HICCUP: What do you mean I don't seem to have time for her?  I see her everyday!

ASTRID: When's the last time you had a personal conversation with her?

HICCUP: This afternoon.

Astrid frowns.

HICCUP: Yeah, it wasn't really a personal conversation.

ASTRID: So....

HICCUP: Astrid, you know I love Zephyr, she's my daughter, and she knows that.

ASTRID: But do you show her your love?

HICCUP: I do, I just... don't have the time.  You know, we have sheep counting and house planning and—

ASTRID: Is sheep counting more important than your relationship with your daughter?

HICCUP: (sighs) No, you're right.  I'll ask her if she wants to go to the Hidden Cove with me tomorrow, she's always been asking me about it.  But what about—

ASTRID: As your wife and chieftess of Berk, I will take care of your chiefly duties. (gently pokes Hiccup in the chest) You are going to take your daughter on a picnic.

A/N: Sorry that these chapters are kind of short, I'll try to make them longer as we go along.