Chapter 9:

Swamp

Snotlout, Kirk, and Nuffink are trekking through the swamp.  Snotlout is looking at a map.

KIRK: Thirst.... gasp gasp... hunger.... gasp gasp... oh the pain! (falls to the ground)

NUFFINK: (turns to look at KIRK) Uhh, Mr. Jorgenson?  Kirk doesn't look too good...

SNOTLOUT: He's fine!  He gets the drama from his mom's side of the family.

KIRK: (grabs Nuffink's ankle) Nuffink... gasp gasp... my friend... gasp gasp... farewell... gasp gasp! (makes a fake dead face)

NUFFINK: Kirk! (kneels on the ground)

KIRK: (comes back to life again) Ha ha!  Fooled ya!!!  You totally fell for that!!  Come on, admit it, admit it.

NUFFINK: (sighs) Yeah, you got me.

KIRK: (leaps up) Yes!!! I got ya!  I fooled ya!  I got you!  I fool—

SNOTLOUT: Kirk!  Will you please be quiet?!!  I'm trying to focus here!

Kirk runs up to Snotlout.

SNOTNUT: Okay, but seriously dad.  I'm tired, and thirsty, and hungry, and (slaps mosquito) these (slaps mosquito) bloodthirsty (slaps mosquito) mosquitoes (slaps mosquito) are eating (slaps mosquito) ME UP!!!! (slaps madly at the mosquitos)

NUFFINK: Mr. Jorgenson, are you sure you know where we're going?

SNOTLOUT: Yes!  Of course!

KIRK: Are-slap-we-slap-almost-slap-there? (slap)  UGH!!!  YOU BLOODTHIRSTY BEASTS!!!!! (slaps madly at mosquitoes)

SNOTLOUT: Yes! I can feel it!  You boys just have to trust me!

Kirk and Nuffink look at each other, unsure.  Kirk is covered with red bites.  Kirk shrugs.  Nuffink sighs and follows Snotlout.