Chapter 5:

Forest

Zephyr is walking through the forest.  She's using a stone to sharpen her sword.

ZEPHYR: (mimicking Hiccup's voice) Yes, Zephyr I'm gonna come.  Sorry sweetheart, I was busy. (normal voice) Ugh!

Zephyr throws down the stone.  She throws her sword at a tree and misses.

ZEPHYR: UGH!

Zephyr punches the tree with her fist repeatedly.

ZEPHYR: He's not gonna come!  He's not gonna come!  HE'S NEVER EVER GONNA COME!

Zephyr slumps down against the tree.  

ZEPHYR: (says quietly) Never ever....

After a few moments Zephyr gets up and starts looking around for her sword.  She looks under some bushes and searches the forest floor.  She takes a step into a pile of leaves and suddenly falls through.  

ZEPHYR: Ahhhhhh!

She lands in a hole that was covered by the leaves.

ZEPHYR: (groans and gets up slowly) Now why didn't I see that coming?

Zephyr turns around and tries to climb back out of the hole.  She is unsuccessful and falls back down.

ZEPHYR: Humph.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

ZEPHYR: What was that?

Zephyr turns around.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

ZEPHYR: Who's there?

Zephyr flicks her arms and two daggers extend from them.  She carefully ventures farther into the darkness.

A dragon bursts forward.  It goes right up to Zephyr's face and growls at her.  The dragon's breath blows back Zephyr's hair.

Zephyr becomes afraid and runs frantically back towards the entrance.  She tries to climb back out but starts to fall again.  Before she hits the ground the dragon uses its' teeth to pick her up by the back of her shirt.  It throws her up and out of the hole.  Zephyr lands in the dirt beside the hole.

ZEPHYR: (breathes hard, she looks towards the hole) Was that a... dragon?