•Sixty-Six

"I can do it myself!"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"I can do it myself!"

"But I want to do it, Kook!" You whine with a pout.

"No!" Jungkook protests with his arms crossed. "I can feed myself!"

You sit at his bedside holding a bowl of soup in your hands. You intended to feed him but Jungkook was throwing a tantrum like a child.

"It's miso soup!" You exclaim.

"Okay, and?" He questions sarcastically. "Is that supposed to change anything?"

You groan loudly while slumping your shoulders dramatically. You've been arguing with him for a good ten minutes now about this. No one was getting anywhere and the soup already turned cold.

"Jungkook, just let me, please?" You say almost in a pleading tone. "I want to help."

"You can help by giving me that bowl, Jisun," Jungkook grumbles with a look. "I'm not weak that I can't feed myself."

Honestly, he was a grown man and capable of feeding himself. Sure, lifting a spoon took a toll on his body and he always felt like he just got done running a marathon.

But he wasn't about to go down that road where he had to depend on you for everything. He is willing to endure his last few weeks in pain if that meant showing you his strong side.

You stare at him for a moment your eyes slowly filling with wariness. You didn't want to see Jungkook again like this morning. It was brutal to watch him struggle over something simple this morning.

Yet, Jungkook wasn't giving you a choice right now. You could continue arguing but knowing you both you two won't stand down. With a defeated sigh you hesitantly hand him the bowl.

He takes it with a shaky hand but doesn't say a word and slowly as if painfully, eats his food. You watch him inhale through the air tubes through his nose. He grimaced at the action like it was painful to do.

The corners of your lips pull down into a frown with your eyes saddening slightly. You never told him about how much time he has left. Nor did his parents or anyone else.

If it was overwhelming for you to handle then Jungkook was better off not knowing. He was handling a lot on his plate already so there was no reason for you to add more to it.

You were counting down the days despite your fear of doing so. You wonder if it today would be his last or would tomorrow be. You pray none of those were true, praying that Dr. Chen didn't know what he was talking about.

But as you sit beside Jungkook watching him struggle to put a spoon in his mouth your hands start to tremble. You notice the define dark eye-bags under his eyes, his chapped lips, and his now pale skin. His muscular body was not so muscular anymore, instead, he sat in the bed skinnier than before.

Short-Lived✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें