Chapter Seven

The cheering up of Bella Swan and sleepovers...

It was a few days later that Charlie Swan had knocked on the Weller's door

It was a few days later that Charlie Swan had knocked on the Weller's door. Everest, being the only one home answered it with a look of surprise.

"Hey Mr. Swan." she greets.

The man gives a tired smile back, and Everest notes the dark shadows underneath the mans eyes with concern, she had thought that Bella's nightmares had gotten better.

"Please Everest, just call me Charlie." the sheriff tried to smile at her, but it ended up awkward.

"Alright Charlie, is everything alright?" she asks, letting him in and sitting on one of the chairs as he sits on the couch.

Charlie sighs before running a hand through his thinning gray hair.

"No. Jacob's been MIA and you haven't been around much. Bella's getting bad again." he admits, giving the girl a pleading look.

Everest sighed. She knew that she shouldn't, in case she would begin to become co-dependent again, but he knew Bella needed her.

"I'll pack a bag, we'll have a girls night." she offers, causing the exhausted father to smile in relief.

"Thanks Everest. Your a good kid. I'll be working late so let Bella know you guys can order take out." he tells her, before standing and leaving.

Everest huffed, before leaving a note on the fridge letting her family know that she would be spending the night with Bella before going up to pack a small bag of cloths.

A few minutes later she was outside the Swan house knocking on the door with a pizza and a bag of Ben and Jerry ice cream, her bag slung over her shoulder. She had biked to the pizza shop and local supermarket before coming over.

Bella had answered the door looking forlorn, but her expression turned to shock at the sight of the girl she had thought she had pushed away standing on her stoop.

Everest gave her an awkward smile in return before holding out the pizza.

"Girls night?" she asked, causing a smile to break out on Bella's face.

She took the outstretched pizza, before pulling the girl inside.

After a few minutes of awkward eating, the girls had finally gotten back into the rhythm of their friendship

After a few minutes of awkward eating, the girls had finally gotten back into the rhythm of their friendship. It had been hours of talking while the tv played in the background forgotten. Eventually they cleaned up, leaving a few slices in the fridge for Charlie to eat later, and moved up to Bella's room. Everest had changed into an oversized t shirt she always slept in, while Bella was in a tank top and sleep shorts. The girls were laying on the bed, Everest's legs resting against the wall above the headboard and Bella lying normally, their heads resting against one another.

Everest let out a sigh.

"I missed you." she murmured.

A ghost of a smile pulled at Bella's lips.

"I missed you too." she whispered.

"I told my siblings that I'm bisexual." Everest tells the girl, body tensing up.

Bella was quiet for a moment before saying.

"I always thought I was straight. I mean I loved E-" her voice caught in her throat before she continued. determined. "Edward. I loved him, but he left. And I don't think he's coming back. I never thought I could care for someone as much as I did him." she says, Everest lied there, listening.

"But then I met you. You understood and I'm so comfortable with you. I never thought I'd like a girl, but I like you." Bella admits in a whisper.

Their faces turn to each other, eyes searching each others. Everest sits up, her shirt falling, exposing a shoulder, before she moves to caress Bella's face.

"I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to make anything awkward, and I know you still love him. But I love you too." she whispers, their noses brushing against each other, their breath mingling together.

Finally, the tension that had been building became too much, Bella leaned in and crashed their lips together, the girls both letting out soft moans at the feel of their soft lips brushing against each other. Bella fell backwards, her hair spreading out around her head like some sort of halo, and Everest swore she had never seen anything as absolutely stunning as Bella. Everest gently lowered her body onto Bella's, the swan girls fingers tangling into the other brunettes locks, Everest brushing her fingers against the smooth exposed skin of Bella's waist. Their kisses began to become more fervent, and Everest found that she would do anything in the world to keep the privilage of kissing Bella Swan. As they continued to worship each other's lips reverently, Everest knew that she was hopelessly in love with Bella Swan, and Bella knew that her heart, which previously only held room for Edward, had become Everest's as well.
Everest's hands make their way up to cup Bella's face as one of Bella's grips the back of Everest's neck to keep their lips fused together. Bella hesitantly nips at Everest's bottom lip, causing a small moan to escape from Everest's lips, their mouths opening as their tongues fight for dominance. Bella's hands slide down to run themselves down Everest's back before gripping her hips and pulling her almost impossibly closer. Eventually they pull back to breathe and Everest trailed kisses down Bella's neck causing the girl to giggle.
"That was...amazing." Bella's breathless voice caused Everest to giggle against Bella's neck.
"So...where does this leave us?" Everest asks. "Are we just friends who kiss? Or are we together?"
Bella lays there, her eyes on her fingers which were playing with the hem of Everest's shirt, which had ridden up to reveal the dark green lace thong she was wearing.
"I mean...I wouldn't mind...mind being with someone if it is you." Bella whispers, knowing she made the right choice as Everest straddles Bella's hips, beaming down at her while kissing all over Bella's face.