Chapter 22

He tried to pursue the wolf again today and has been going on for three days. Would stay at home half the day to bond with his family, bolts to the woods after lunch til noon, then keeping his promise to go home before nightfall. His wife is just as supportive. She gives him another bucket of confidence when the wolf deflates his ego.

Today, like always, he tries to impress the beautiful wolf in the oldest way he know, trying to show the lady that he is capable of providing.

He brought  dozen of buffalo back to the nests and let the pack have a feast. The younger ones are already familiar to him and would approach him to play. He would oblige a little wrestle.

But for some frustrating reason, she didn't seem impressed in anything he does.

Aqui came with him today. He will not use his daughter to get near the wolf. She will just accompany her to the wolf since they seem wanted to meet each other. Just a hunch.

He let her play with the wolf. And Caden would just give them space. He watch from afar and noticed a lot of things. The wolf loves to play around, tease her pack, discipline the young. She seems like a dignified leader. It is making Caden fall for her more. With bond or maybe even without it.

When the sky turned pink and orange hue, he barks at his daughter to call her. Time to go.

He saw them rub themselves to Aqui, like a sign of goodbye. To his surprise, his mate escorted his daughter to him.

When they got near, Aqui hugged the wolf and the wolf tickled the girl with her tongue. Then Aqui ran to him. For the first time ever, she looked at him for more than 10 seconds. That made Caden's day. He felt like all the negativity he have in his heart this past few days just vanished in just a flash.

And now, Ylsen is tattling it to his wife on bed. She is laying on her side and he i using her arms as pillow. He is hugging her tummy and his face is buried to the valley of her chest where he can clearly hear her heart beating lively. Ylsen loves this type of cuddling position. It is making it easy for Alice to play and caress his nape and hair, making him purr like a kitten enjoying its master's touch.

"See. She'll see your efforts eventually. We just have to wait for her to adjust. She is still not used to a lot of things that happened. I'm just glad that the malnourished wolves are already healthy thanks for your diligent rations." She said while playing with his ear.

Ylsen laughed at what she said. "More like a bribe, no? By the way. Did you already decided if you wanted to be in one body with her yet?"

"Yes." Ylsen was surprised in her answer. He looked up at her. 

"Yes you wanted her in you?"

Alice shook her head side to side. "Yes. I have decided. But no. I'm not taking her in me."

His brows met halfway. He sat up and faced his wife. Alice shifted in a more comfy position laying on her back.

"Don't look at me like that. I already decided."

"I need reasons love."

She sighed. "You know that we are in the verge of war, wait no. We are already in war,  just in the preparation period. It is obvious that we can't work together. Because one, we don't know each other. The last thing I want to happen in the middle of the war is to have INTERNAL conflict in me myself and my wolf.

Second, there is no telling if she really want to cooperate with any of us. Third. She is an alpha. Her responsibility will always be her pack. She think she have no responsibility in all other else because there is no one higher than her in her pack.