Chapter 5

Having a vampire as a king is okay. He is open minded in keeping other species which made it better. More jobs for more costumers. The nightlife is very much lively. So the whole town is bright day and night. Markets, pubs and restaurants are open 24/7. So it have the tendency to have uncalled overtime when the whole restobar is jammed pack.

As much as possible, Alice wanted to be the one to fetch her kids from school since it was only half a day. But Felix texted her that the twins wanted to stay at daycare for the afternoon schedule as well. She let them since she see no harm. She just hope Ylsen won't mind. Thinking of the guy she pushed him out of her mind, convincing herself that everything is fine.

But not until her shift was over so is the afternoon class at daycare. She have to fetch the kids herself. She will see Ylsen. The thought made her shiver. She don't know why she have so much attraction on him. She couldn't quite figure it but she wanted to keep him to herself. And that is not a good thought.

"You're a crazy ass! What are you, an obsessed bitch in heat?! Stop it." She mumbled to herself as she look at herself at the mirror in their locker room. She's still wearing her uniform. She is not sure whether to change into fresh clothes and get her twins or not. She took her phone and stared at Felix's number.

"If I text him, he can fetch the kids. But if I did he will ask questions nonstop since I don't have a formal reason." She let go of the phone and combed her neatly bun hair. "But if I don't I will see him. I might act like a dog in heat in front of him. Argh! What is this torture! I barely know the guy for Godsake! I'm officially out of my mind!"

She held the phone again only to drop it on the floor. She was startled when someone tapped her shoulder and called her name loudly. She looked at the mirror and saw the manager's face frowning. The elf guy seemed to be calling her for quite sometime now. She was just too preoccupied to notice. She cleared her throat to clear the embarrassment on her face and turned to him smiling sweetly.

"Yes manager Miles? Can I help you?" She know she is being overly formal trying to feign ignorance but she wanted to bang her head to the nearest wall when he deadpan his expression and lifted an eyebrow at her. Her coworkers inside that are about to go home snickered at her. She totally forgot about them.

"My wife works at the psychiatric ward you want me to make reservations for you?" Alice blushed at what he said if he wasn't 200 years older than her, even if he only looked around late 20's, she would bang his head on the nearest wall.

"No thanks doc. I'm fine." She smiled sweeter. He just shrugged.

"I need someone to cover for Pia. Only an hour or so until Mariah cover for the rest. Since you're still in your uniform even if your shift finished about 15 minutes ago I guess you don't want to go home yet." He said nonchalantly.

His voice is not the type that can make a baby stop crying but it sounded like angel sang her a joyful song. She ALMOST jumped at her manager but that would be inappropriate. And his wife can be very scary when jealous so it's a very big NO on jumping on him.

She cleared her throat again trying to suppress a squeal of delight. "Is Pia drunk again? You should offer her the offer you gave me a while ago."

He massaged the bridge of his nose and sighed. "I just sent her home a while ago coz she smelled like booze, so much that I want to puke on the spot. I swear I'll have to fire her one of this days. I don't care if she gets broken hearted three times a month and needed to drown her sorrow away with alcohol. That vampire need to learn her lesson she's a hundred and twenty already! She's even older than my wife! That brat!" He finished his very long paragraph with a big huff.

Alice stared agape at her manager. She lost her words. His neat long silver hair looked more whiter now. Probably from stress. He's been working for 16 hours now because Pia, the assistant manager left him hanging again. Like she always does.