CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Chapter 15:

JUWARIYA

At the library, Kevin wasn't concentrating. I got pissed and left the Library. I was wasting my precious time. He followed me but I guess he couldn't catch up.

After I was done with my shift, I arrived at my hostel, exhausted. Lizzy was nowhere to be seen. I didn't give it much thought and proceeded to pray maghrib, ending up sleeping on my prayer mat.

I was awoken by my phone's ringing tone. It was Kevin. He'd called several times and also spammed me with many messages. They read:

I'm sorry I wasn't concentrating. I was thinking about you.

Being with you is the greatest choice I've ever made and I'm so lucky I get to make it with you every day. I love you.

I love your honesty, your passion, your resilience, your courage, and your beautiful smile.

I know our religious beliefs vary, however, love conquers all. Let's meet up to talk.

What??? I was caught off-guard and in disbelief, even though I suspected that he liked me. I just didn't think he'd reveal it, ever.

I wasn't going to compromise my deen for love. I do like him, a little. Astagfullah, I know it's haram and I try my best not to think about it but just thinking about it made me think otherwise.

While having a mental argument, I decided that I wasn't going to meet up with him.

I replied by sending him a text.

After pressing send, I felt doubtful. I called my best friend, Kawlah, and told her what had happened. She said everything was going to be alright. I did feel a little bit sorrowful, but I know that good days are ahead, Insha Allah.

********

KEVIN

Juwariya left the library angrily since I wasn't concentrating. I returned home and decided I should let her know so she doesn't take it the wrong way. I wasn't in any way taking advantage of her time, nor wasting it.

I decided that I'd confess my feelings for her. I tried calling her several times but she didn't pick.

I sent her some texts instead. After 20 minutes of anxiously waiting for her to reply, she finally did.

No thank you, I'm not interested in meeting up with you. I'm sorry but I choose my religion over love. It's not allowed for a Muslim girl to be with a Non-Muslim. I love my religion more than anything. Please understand that.

My heart cracked as I saw the words displayed on the screen. I shouldn't have fallen in love with a Muslim girl.

She rejected because of her religion.

I was frozen for a while, not being able to process my current emotions. I laid down on my bed with a shattered heart. That's when I heard a sound coming from my dad's room. I rushed to check what had happened and I found my dad on the floor.

**********

Salam and thank you for reading this chapter. What do you think of it???