CHAPTER FOUR

This chapter is dedicated to friskriel for always voting and commenting on my book. Thank you so much!

Please do check out her books, especially 'A Hijabi Fairy'.

**********

KEVIN

The next day at college, we had only two lectures. At the end of the lecture, the professor gave us a class project and we were grouped into threes.

I was in the same group with the black terrorist girl and one other Muslim guy. Just my luck. Both of them were talking together and I made eye contact with her. She quickly looked away.

Seconds later, they both approached me. "Hi, I'm Ahmad." He greeted, extending his hands to me.

"I didn't ask." I countered.

"Well, we are in the same group for the project. We're going to meet up at the library at 5 pm, alright?"

I nodded and left them. I received a call from my dad just as I left the lecture hall. He asked me to come over to his house.

A few minutes later of driving to my dad's house, I found myself entering with my spare keys. Not seeing my dad, I sat in the living room. Moments later, my dad appeared at the top of the staircase with another woman. This time, the woman was black with long, curly hair.

"How are you doing son?" He said and smiled, looking awfully happy. I didn't bother to reply as I glared at the lady who continued playing with her curls. My dad cleared his throat, attempting to grab my attention. "This is Angela, my new wife."

"Your stepmother and I divorced." What!? I was a bit surprised at how quickly and easily it was for him to move on.

I remained quiet the whole time as the hatred for my dad grew. I shouldn't care. It's his business. Though, I was upset that my dad forgot about mom so easily. Not to mention that he's married to a black lady after knowing what had happened to mom.

I stomped out of my dad's house angrily, cursing under my breath. I didn't say anything to him because I might say things I may regret. Though, a little part of me wished I had.

I went straight to the bar to get some drinks and get my mind off my messed up family. Psh, who am I kidding? Where's my family?

My mother is dead.

My dad is too busy thinking of satisfying himself to even worry about me.

And I'm just here. Drinking at a pub with absolutely no meaning to life.

I had a few shots and got drunk. I didn't even know how I managed to get home by the end of the day.

I woke up the next morning with a huge headache, as usual. It seems that life just repeats this cycle. There truly is no reason to live.

It's all useless.

The next morning while preparing for breakfast, I watched the news. My ears perked up when I heard about those terrorists who call themselves Muzlims. They had done it again.

Another bombing. Another terrorist attack.

I went off to college, my headaches increasing. I was still very mad at my dad. I couldn't pay attention to anything, including Simone.

Whenever I am angry, she doesn't even come near me because she knows I don't talk to people when I'm angry. She noticed I was moody the instance she walked into class and immediately distanced herself.

After the lectures for the day, that Ahead guy (or whatever his name is) walked over to me.

"Hello uh, Kevin. I just wanted to ask if everything was okay. You didn't show up yesterday." He spoke gently, looking more concerned than myself.

I saw the black terrorist girl behind him and my blood boiled with anger. She doesn't know how much I despise her. She looked frightened by my facial expression.

Good thing is she wouldn't dare to kill me. I walked out of the hall, ignoring them both. There is something about the girl that I can't just lay my finger on.

**********

Thanks for reading.