EPILOGUE

Song: I Love You Always Forever- Donna Lewis

After James' death, John and Rachel did not stop talking. Slowly, they became good friends, more than the civil setup they had when he was sick. Lauren, on the other hand married a guy that she met during a trip in Australia. Dina remained as a happy single mom. She never failed to support Ann in the career she chose to take. Tricia returned to the country, and eventually came back in Ivan's arms. He changed. He realized how much he loved Tricia. He felt they were actually meant to be.

Almost two years later, it was James' birthday. Ann went back to the town alone. Surprisingly, it was raining really hard. The next moment, she was in the hospital's Emergency Room.

The sound was heard. The apparatus read flat. "I'm sorry, we did all that we can," the doctor declared.

The sunrise woke her up. She was at the beach, their paradise. She stood up and scanned the area. Nobody was around. She was wondering how she got there. She couldn't remember. She looked at herself and she was wearing a long white beach dress. Her long hair looked even more beautiful with the headband made of flowers. She was shocked when she heard something. "What is it?" she thought.

She tried to follow the sound. It was a familiar one. She hasn't gone far yet when she saw a familiar figure of a man. He was wearing a pair of pants, folded up to his knees, and a white cardigan. The sound she was hearing was from him. "Excuse me?" she asked. The man turned around and to her surprise, she saw James.

He was holding the piano pencil case, playing the Happy Birthday song. Slowly, he went near her as he was still playing. "Happy Birthday..." he sang. "...To You," she ended.

"Happy tenth year of friendship, Ann," he said.

"Happy tenth year," she replied. James held her hand and they made their way to the seashore.

"I can't believe we would meet again," she started. James did not reply. He just stared at her. After a few moments, he snatched a kiss from her. Ann's eyes widened.

"Aha!" she exclaimed. James ran and Ann chased him. When she caught him, he turned around hugged her from her back It was so tight. "I love you," he whispered to her ears as he kissed her again.

"I love you, too," she replied.

Seven years after...

"James!" Edward exclaimed. The nine year- old James was running to his father when she bumped into a girl, almost at the same age as his. It was so forceful that she fell on the floor and got her knees bleeding. James got scared.

"Dad?" he called. Edward went near them. He carried the little girl and brought her on their car's seat. She was crying. James was really scared that he was even hiding at his father's back.

"Don't worry, little girl, this won't hurt," he comforted her. James' and the little girl's eyes met.

"I'm sorry," James whispered, enough for her to hear.

After a while, her mother found her. "Mommy!" she exclaimed as she ran to her. Edward apologized in behalf of James. When they were about to leave, James called her.

"Hey!" he shouted. She turned around as James walked closer.

"To let you know that I'm really sorry, I am giving this to you. This is really important to me. I hope you will take care of it," he said as he handed her the piano pencil case. It was a bit old and wouldn't even work anymore. Seeing it though, made her happy. She got it and smiled at him.

"I'm James," he introduced himself as he initiated a handshake.

"Thank you, I'm Ann. Nice to meet you, James" she replied.