SIX

Song: I Got You- LeonaLewis

NARRATOR's POV

"Tricia! Wait up!" James called as he tried to run after Tricia.

"Oh, James," Tricia said.

"Where are you off to? You want me to go with you?" James asked.

"No. It's okay. I can handle myself," she replied before she walked away. James felt suspicious. Why was Tricia kind of ignoring him for the past few days? He followed her like a stalker. He did not know where she was going. It was for him to find out.

***

Tricia parked her car in front of a restaurant. James followed her. He was trying his best so she would not notice him. He stayed outside as he looked for the best view. He saw her with another man. He observed. He had suspicions but he tried not to believe. Until he saw them kiss. He felt heartbroken. He was devastated. He thought Tricia liked him. But he was wrong. Ann was wrong.

***

James was waiting for Tricia outside her house, drinking. His car was parked a one house away from hers. He called Ann. "You said I had a good chance" was the only thing he said. Ann was left confused for he immediately hung up the phone. When Tricia finally came, he got out of his car and confronted her.

"Tricia!" James exclaimed.

"Hey! What brought you here? Are you, drunk?" she asked.

"I thought I had a good chance? Why did you fool me?" he asked.

"What are you saying? I did not fool you!" she replied with an angry tone.

"I never said you had a good chance. It is just you who keeps on bugging me!" she added.

James felt devastated. He did not know he was hoping for nothing. Tricia was about to get in when thunders were heard. James held her arms.

"Let go! I don't like you, James. I have a boyfriend!" she said as she struggled and walked out. That part hurt him so much. He did not know Tricia had a boyfriend.

The rain had started falling but James stood still. He was frozen. Tricia, however, did not care. "Who is that man?" her dad asked.

"No one. Don't mind him," she replied. James stayed outside his car, he was soaking wet. Tricia stared at him from afar. She felt guilty, but she really didn't like him. There was no chance. That's why she called Ann.

"Hello Ann?" Tricia asked.

"Yes, Tricia?" Ann confirmed.

"James is here in front of my house. He's drunk. Would you please get him out of here? My dad's gonna get mad. And it's raining. He might get sick or something," she said. Without even replying, Ann hung up the phone and immediately went to Tricia's house.

After an hour or so, Ann arrived. "James! What are you doing?" she said as she helped James stand up.

"You lied, Ann. You lied," he said with a very dull voice. Ann brought James inside his car and she drove him home.

ANN's POV

"Hey! What happened?" Lauren asked.

"He went to Tricia's house. I do not know what happened but he's drunk," I replied.

Lauren helped me bring him to his room. "Tricia, I loved you," he kept on saying. I did not have any idea about what happened. So, I called Tricia as Lauren and their mom were changing his clothes.

"Hello Tricia? May I know what happened? James really looks devastated," I started.

"Ann, I never told him I loved or even liked him. He is just a mere friend to me," Tricia explained.

From what I heard, I could conclude that James must have known already that Tricia never liked him. I felt guilty. It was my fault. That was the first time James fell in love with a girl and she broke his heart. I broke his heart.

"We'll leave you two okay? Just call us when something happens. His temperature's quite high," James' mom said as she and Lauren went outside the room.I came near him. I took the wet towel and put it on his forehead. He was burning hot.

"Sorry, James. I never thought this would happen. I'm really sorry," I said.

"But whatever happens, I'll always be here," I ended.

JAMES' POV

I woke up and saw Ann. My head was hurting bigtime. I shouldn't have drunk too much. "Hey! I prepared you a soup," she said. I stared at her as I was recalling what happened last night. Then I remembered, she lied to me.

"I'm not hungry," I said as I made my way to the bathroom. Before I closed the door, I said, "Go home. I don't need an expert liar here."