SEVENTEEN

Song: I Never Told You-Colbie Caillat

"We can write everything. Things that we have or haven't said to each other," Ann instructed James as she introduced the box of letters. They promised to write anything to each other and they can only read those letters, together, after ten years.

THE UNREAD LETTERS

8th Year July 29, 12:08 a.m.

"Dear James,

If only you know how confused I am right now. Suddenly, I felt weird. I have been ignoring this feeling for the past few weeks now.

When you met Tricia, I wanted you to be happy. But there were times that I felt different. It was like I was jealous, but not definite about it. We stopped hanging out a lot when you started liking her. It was really weird. When she broke your heart, mine was broken too. More when you got mad at me. I felt so relieved when we finally reconciled. I missed you.

About the weird feeling I have shared, I really couldn't figure it out until the chess competition. I saw you, you were happy again. After what happened to you and Tricia, you smiled again. I never noticed how pretty your smile is until that day. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I am confused, I guess I am starting to like or shall I say love you, more than just a friend.

I don't know where this feeling is taking me. I just hope that whatever happens, we would still be with and for each other, at least as bestfriends.

Always,

Ann"

8th Year October 25, 11:20 p.m.

"Dear Ann,

I feel terrible. We haven't spoken for weeks now. When are you going to forgive me? I regret the words that I have said. But I know there is no way to take them back. I'm sorry. I know I've hurt you so much.

These past few days, I haven't been feeling well. I feel sick. Maybe it's because of you. It sucks. I don't even know what to do. Seeing you with Ivan everytime pisses me off. How can someone I don't even know instantly be that close to you? It's hard to accept that. Moreover, I have to admit that I'm jealous. I'm not sure if it is because he has the chance to talk to you while I have none. I have been thinking if Dad is right, that I have feelings for you. I did not want to entertain that thought. However, it seems like it needs to be considered. Right now, I am confused. Really. Bigtime.

But if there is only one wish I can make right now, that is you forgive me. That whatever happens, we would still be with and for each other, at least as bestfriends.

Yours,

James"