chapter 3

Third person's point of view

Flashback

Just another day, a lot of people would have thought but not the two children whose lives are so different yet fate chose to bring them together.

Desire, fifteen year old girl with her whole life ahead of her. Wants to finish school so she can get a job and be found by her prince charming. Ever since she was just a little girl, she had dreamed of finding that man that would sweep her of her feet and treat her like she was their world.

Her family is loving, though her siblings are annoying, she would not change them for anything.

Alex,19 year old girl with nothing but murder on her mind. Why? Because unfortunately for her, family is nothing but a dream, one that she knows, if given the opportunity to experience life with them, would have prevented all the chaos that she causes. Vengeance is all that she eats, blood all that she drinks and crime her favorite game.

What a day this was for them both.

Desire, having celebrated her birthday and being approached by her stalker, decided to walk around and get some air. What is a girl like her doing walking alone at night? All the dangers that were lurking in the corners did not bother her, all that she wanted was her air that she felt she deserved.

Having walked for about half an hour, she decided to take a short cut through the alley way and satan was that a mistake because what happened next is going to change her life. Crouched down, near the corner, was a person who, by the shaking of their shoulder, could be identified as crying. Desire, with the tender heart that she had decided to approach the stranger and figure out what was wrong, forgetting the warning 'don't talk to strangers'

"are you okay?"

Alex, startled by the unexpected presence, abruptly looked to the source of voice so fast, she should have gotten whiplash. Looking up, she saw the most beautiful face ever, one that made her insecure, which was funny because she was the most confident person ever as she knew that she looked like a goddess, which says a lot about this strange girl.

"do I look like I'm okay?" answers the girl with anger

Desire, thrown off by this outburst, decides to justify herself.

"everyone says that, so thought that I would too." Unconfident and slightly scared she proceeds "you don't have to be so rude, I was just asking, all you should have said was no. who pissed in your cereal this mor..."

Unable to finish her sentence due to the strong hand that was wrapped around her neck, blocking her airway, she starts to struggle and shed tears.

"look here you little twat. You don't know me I don't know you but that will not stop me from putting an end to your miserable life"

Still shocked, mouth agape and hysterical, desire does not answer.

"what? Cat got your tongue? I see you don't have a smart mouth anymore. Did no one tell you that potty mouths never make it on santa's nice list. Wouldn't want pretty little princess to not get her new toy" she said with malice dripping from her mouth and her hand still not loosening around the girl's neck.

Desire, finally having had enough, decides to defend herself but oh boy did she have a runny mouth.

"hell is missing one of its own" damn

"what did you say to me you little bitch?" Alex says as she pushes the girl against the wall and strangles her even more, which, unknowing to her, causes them to be close, so close that their faces were not more than five centimeters apart.so close that a kiss could have been shared between them if not for the gasp that escaped desire's mouth

"oh my gosh, your eyes!" exclaimed desire, only then did Alex realize that she had forgotten to wear her contacts. She has a rare case of heterochromia, in which she has a blue eye and a red one, which seemed to scare everyone except desire.

"what, you never seen such eyes before. They should be the last things on your mind right now because I'm going to kill you." Embarrassed by her stupidity, she started to threaten the girl, although all she wanted was to crawl under a rock and die as she was very insecure about her eyes as she believed they were the reason why her family abandoned her.

" you are not going to kill me" with a new found courage, desire decides to test the girl "because if you wanted to you would have done it a long time ago" not noticing Alex red with anger, she runs her mouth even more "you are just a sad little human, one that takes out her frustrations on innocent people, do you even have a heart or is your chest void just like your ey..."

Angered by the brat and finally having had enough, Alex pulls out her gun and points it at desire who after taking notice of what the object pointed at her is, finally shuts up.

"you peace of shit. You think just because you are beautiful I won't hurt you, hesitate to put a bullet through your brain, huh?"

"you think I'm beautiful?"

"is that all that you heard?" Alex, discouraged by the girl, finally lets go of her and puts her gun back where it was.

"what is a little girl like you, doing in an alley all by herself at this time of night anyway?"

"I'm not a little girl, I'm sixteen"

"hahaha, you are barely legal, which just proves my point. So will you answer the question or not?"a

"I just wanted some air"

"and you decided to get it at the alley?, you've got a death wish or something?"

"why do people always say that?" desire asked angrily, she was tired of being asked the same dumb question over again.

"because they know of the dangers that are lurking around the corners, unlike you who is so oblivious and things the world is about rainbows and unicorns." Alex spoke from experience as she was one of the dangers she was referring to.

"you talk like someone who has experienced those dangers."

"that's because I am the danger." She answered with a cunning smile. One that could make any one swoon, and unfortunately, so as desire, who hated that fact so much as the older the older looking girl annoyed her to the curb

"how old are you anyway?" asked desire, curiosity got the best of her and she eventually couldn't take it anymore.

"why so curious? Is it because I'm wise for my age?"

"I wouldn't know because I don't know your age"

"I'm nineteen."

"I'm desire"

"and I'm fuck off" Alex responded walking away

"where are you going?"

"somewhere you are not" Alex responded again this time whilst turning the corner, but not before looking back at the strange beautiful girl who had just saved her from herself and eventually disappearing.

Desire, mouth agape, could not believe the night she just experienced. Where her emotions were all over the place. Fear, anger, sympathy but most especially lust. She had never identified herself as straight, but never in her life did she ever feel an attraction for a girl, so what was so different about this beautiful and yet dangerous stranger. That was her last thought before she turned around and returned home the same way she came, all the while those mysterious eyes were imbedded in her head.