EIGHT | you have nice eyebrows

TAM :

Sophie had started to drift off in my arms. Soon, she was knocked out.

I could have sworn she mumbled my name.

I started playing with her blond waves when I remembered, Shoot, Grady! He was going to kill me for this. I picked her up, bridal-style, and called the nearest pathfinder. Gently settling Sophie in the back seat, I closed the door and gave the driver the address.

A couple five or so minutes later, we pulled up at the modern mansion. Grady was sitting on the front porch, petting the family cat, Marty. He looked, well...

Threatening. "Where did you take my daughter out this late? And why is she unconscious? If you did anything to harm her..."

I gulped. "Sir, I-uh-I honestly just took her to a restaurant in Eternalia. Then we sat on a bench and she fell asleep, I swear."

Grady raised an eyebrow. "Hmm. What are your intentions with my daughter?"

"I just want to make her happy."

Grady nodded, somewhat satisfied with my answer, but it was clear he had more questions. "Mr. Song, when did you meet my daughter and when did you start liking her?"

I paled. Honestly, I was too scared to even correct the use of my last name. "I met her about a two months ago and I asked her out four days ago."

"I see. What's the speed you're going at?"

"My miles per hour? I just read the signs and go however-"

He raised his eyebrows. "No, in the relationship!"

"Oh-I-we're just taking it slow, sir."

"Mhm. Got it. You don't plan on breaking her heart the second another pretty girl comes into your life?"

"Of course not, sir!!! I have too much experience with that kind of stuff. I really like her, and I would never do that. If she wanted to break things off though, I would understand, but honestly? I'd never stop caring for her."

"If I may ask, what was your experience?"

"My own parents never cared for me and my twin sister, Linh. They didn't even care that we adopted another sister. They neglected her just as much. I would never want to put Sophie through that kind of pain."

Grady nodded, and the look in his eyes was tender, almost fatherly. "Alright. I trust you-for now. Tam, please take good care of her. I-she's been through so much..."

I nodded. "Of course, sir. Thank you."

"Mind taking her up to her room? I have to clean the mess I made trying to cook tonight."

"Sure." I carried Sophie up the stairs into her HUGE room. Setting her on her bed, I sat down next to her.

She opened her eyes. I gasped like I had just seen the devil. "Nice conversation with Grady you had back there. Honestly, your answers were adorable."

I blushed and groaned. "You heard that?"

Her face went from a cute sassy smirk to a look of concern. "All of it. Tam, I'm so sorry. About your parents. I didn't know about you and your siblings' relationship with your parents."

I smiled. "It's alright, almost no one does. No need to hit me with that concern, though it's adorable. My parents are in my past now."

Sophie's look was still worried, but it had significantly softened. Giving me one last grin, she jumped up into her closet and changed into shorts and a t-shirt in record time. "Now I am ready for thy bed. Parting is such sweet sorrow. I'm going to miss you. Thank you, so much for tonight. Goodnight, my Tam."