TWO | oh look it's a new kid

TAM :

Morning assembly always started an hour before classes, so I have way too much time to kill.

I was fingering my white Level Six uniform. I hate white. I'm more of a dark kinda guy, with my black hair and the silver-tipped bangs my parents specifically told me NOT to get.

Dame Alina announces something, though.

"Can everyone please welcome Sophie Foster to Foxfire?"

She beckons towards a blonde girl. The girl-Sophie-turns so pale, I think she's going to faint.

I can't see Sophie's face, then she climbs up next to Dame Alina. She was a short, pretty blonde girl with big brown eyes.

I can see basically every boy in the school staring at her. I scoffed, though. They all liked this girl for her looks. 

Then Dame Alina pulls me out of my thoughts. "Tam Song, can you come up here too, please?"

I groaned internally. I hate people. I raised my eyebrows and walked up to the podium. "Mr. Song-"

"I don't go by that last name."

"Fine, Mr.Tam, you are going to be Sophie's guide until she settles in a bit."

What? I hate social interaction! 

But I can't exactly refuse in front of the whole school. "Fine." 

Alina beams and claps. "Perfect, then! Miss Foster, Tam will be leading you around the school until you're settled in. Assembly dismissed," she concluded.

People file out of the room, and I turn to Sophie after we step off the podium. "What's your first class?"

Sophie checked her schedule. "I have history with Mr. Beckett."

I nodded. "Cool, me too. I'll walk you there. Do you want to visit the atrium to toss your stuff in your locker before we go?"

She nods and I show her the way. Her locker is right next to mine, and on her other side is Marella Redek. Sophie manages to fit her backpack in the narrow locker, but she drops her book-bag-thing that all us students are required to have.

She clears her throat, grabs it, and stands up, shoving the bag in her locker before closing it shut.

"We should start to class now, it's on the other side of the bottom floor, and we're at the top."

Sophie smiled and nodded. "Yeah, sure."

I was being my usual darknessy, salty self, but it was honestly hard. Sophie reminded me a lot of my twin sister, Linh. And she was really funny. I learned that on the way to history.

"Okay, so I'm really clumsy, I've been kicked out of basically every school I've been to, except for this one, of course. Mallowmelt is my favorite food,-"

"What's mallowmelt?" I ask, confused.

Sophie looks at me in mock horror. "You've never had mallowmelt? Well, come walk to my house with me today, we'll get you some."

At first, she looked worried, considering we had only known each other for maybe 20 minutes. Then I  nod. "That would be nice."

Sophie grins and we enter the classroom. I lean down and whisper to her. "Mr. Beckett is a bit...out of it."

She nods and whispers back, "Good to know."

Sophie and I both grab seats in the back of the classroom. Soon, the class fills up, and Mr. Beckett starts to speak. "Okay, kids, we have a new student today! Her name is Sophia. Okay, why don't you come tell the class a bit about yourself, Sophia?"

I could see Sophie trying not to laugh. I met her eyes and mouthed, I told you so. She snickers, but hesitantly goes to the front.

"Hi, I'm Sophie Foster. Um, my parents own an animal training and relocation preserve-Havenfield Rehabilitation Center."

A kid yelled out from the back of the class. "That's where we bought the family horses!"

Sophie smiled. "Yeah. I remember you. Jensi, wasn't it?"

The kid-Jensi-nodded. He was sort of vibrating, like he had eaten buckets of sugar for breakfast.

Sophie finished up her little get-to-know-me quite quickly, and came and sat back down beside me.

"Sophia," She said.

I snorted.

The class passed by fairly quickly, and soon Sophie had French with Miss Cadence.

I didn't have that class, though, so I said I'd walk her there and then I'd go to my agriculture class.

"Good luck with Miss Cadence."

"What? Don't smirk! Tam, what do you mean?"

I just laughed and walked in the opposite direction, to her French class.

Sophie glared and followed after me.

Soon, we made our way to the classroom. I dropped Sophie off at the door.

"She's evil, warning," I whispered.

She stared at me. "And you're telling me this now?" 

I just smiled.

Sophie walked off into the classroom, leaving me with my thoughts.

I walked toward my biology class, bumping into my twin sister Linh on the way. She looked a lot like me, with the silvery-blue eyes and the silver-tipped hair, but hers was long, and her features were softer than mine.

"What do you have next, again, Linh?"

"Ooh, swim team practice."

"Cool." I nodded and went off to Mr. Barth. 

1179 WORDS!

A/N Thank you all so much for 260 FOLLOWERS IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!! You all are AWESOME and I love each and every one of you. And I know Tam is a little OOC in this chapter, but just roll with it, it'll make sense later. I love you all, and have a great day/night!!!

<33333 

Ray

(EDIT: THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 600! It's been around 5 months since I wrote this chapter, and it went through some HEAVY editing. I advise you reread, Tam is a bit less OOC now. Love y'all!)

(ANOTHER EDIT: WE'RE ALMOST AT 700! I LOVE Y'ALL <333)