THREE | nope, we rule

SOPHIE :

Tam. He's really cute, sarcastic, and nice.

"Miss Foster! Do you speak French?" Miss Cadence called out.

I nodded. "Yes. And Spanish, English, German, Russian, Italian, Hindi, and maybe ten more."

Miss Cadence's jaw dropped. "Interesting...Pouvez-vous comprendre ce que je dis?" ( I TOTALLY did NOT use Google Translate for that hehe)

"Oui je peux."

Miss Cadence nodded. The class stared at me.

Great. Just what I needed.

More attention. Anyways, Miss Cadence basically spent the rest of the class talking to me in different languages, always surprised when I answered back fluently.

"Interesting...," she kept murmuring to herself.

Soon the bell rang. I finished packing up my stuff and found Tam outside the classroom, talking to a guy with strawberry blonde hair. "Hey, Tam, hey, Dex!"

"Hey, Sophie." They both chorused back to me.

"Okay, so I have chemistry with Miss Galvin next."

Tam's eyes widened.

Dex cringed. "Galvin? I have her next, too."

Tam nodded. "She used to be a Level Five teacher. I had her then....I still have nightmares."

Great. Now that was reassuring. "Well, where is it? I guarantee I will just get lost."

Dex nodded. "If it's okay with Tam. I know he's supposed to be your guide."

Tam looked at me. "Fine by me," he said. "I'll stop by after so we can get to lunch. You guys can meet Linh. 

I was confused. "Linh?"

"My twin sister. We're polar opposites."

Dex snickered. "Just like me with my siblings, Bex, Rex, and Lex."

I laughed. "Your names rhyme? That's so cute!"

Dex blushed cherry red. "Don't tell my dad you said that. He thinks he's brilliant."

I chuckled and agreed.

Soon, we said bye to Tam, and Dex and I walked to class. We struck up a conversation immediately.

"Okay, so my dad has this pharmacy in the city Mysterium. (The Lost Cities is a state) He was never offered a good job, because he didn't finish school, so he started the pharmacy. It's called Slurps and Burps."

That caught my attention. "Slurps and Burps?"

Dex grinned. "Yeah. He says it's named like that because literally everyone buys from there, including the stuck-up people that turned him down. He enjoys watching them squirm"

I snorted. "I respect your father."

Dex grinned ear to ear and stopped in front of a classroom. "This is it."

And that's when I met Miss Galvin.

"Miss Foster, Mr. Dizznee, you are LATE. Twenty-seven seconds LATE. I do not TOLERATE people that are LATE. I will let it slide this time, but next time, I won't be as forgiving. Next time, do NOT be LATE."

Alright? 

Miss Galvin began her lesson. "Okay, I have given out the instruction sheet. Miss Foster, it should be simple enough for you."

I looked down at my sheet. I had to combine the sodium polyacrylate with water while stirring over the burner, then adding ruckleberry juice by my own measurements so the chemical reaction didn't overflow the pot. Easy, right?