SEVEN | mia equals ultimate fangirl

SOPHIE :

"Well, Sophie, what's going on between you and Tam?"

I paled. "I-uh-nothing! There's definitely nothing going on!"

The rest of the group seemed pretty oblivious, continuing their conversations as if nothing had happened. And they say I'm oblivious. (you are, hunni) I looked at Biana, hoping that my eyes conveyed not to continue. She raised a perfect eyebrow, but didn't object.

"So, Sophie...I assume you're coming to Atlantis to go shopping with us?" Biana looked at me like, 'you'd better agree because I have blackmail.'

I groaned. "Finneeeee."

Biana squealed. "Next Saturday, drop by at Everglen and we can take a pathfinder. Linh, Marella, make sure to be there too!"

Both of them nodded. Soon, the bell that signaled the end of lunch rang out. I jumped out of my seat. "Oh there's the bell I have to get to ELA byeee!"

After I was out of sight, I slowed down a bit. Taking a deep breath, I walked towards Ms. Vaina's class. Tam...he was so sweet and cute and protective...

But not gonna lie, I was scared. What if he dumped me? What if he took advantage of me? No. Tam wasn't like that. But...

I didn't realize I was saying these thoughts out loud until I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

"You're dating Tam?" It was Fitz. My eyes widened. Great, now he knew too. I nodded once, slowly. Fitz's grin faltered a bit, but it came back so fast, I probably had just imagined it. "Well, Tam isn't like that. I don't think you have a reason to worry." (haha alden has taken over)

I smiled gratefully. Reassurance...that was a nice thing. "Thanks, Fitz."

He nodded, smirking. "Well, this is my stop. See ya later, Sophie."

I nodded and moved on. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't imagine that look in Fitz's eyes. Jealousy. He couldn't like me..could he?

Well, even if he did, I didn't like him back. I liked Tam.

I absentmindedly sat down in a random chair. Ms. Lain was talking-something about literature and an essay on some Shakespeare play. Then Ms. Lain called on me.

"Miss Foster, what is the answer to question number 22?"

Dang, I did not know the answer to that question. "Um....blobberfergalicious?

"Miss Foster...I'm sure that doesn't exist. Please pay attention. Cole, what is the answer to number 22?"

But I had already blanked again.

About a week later, I was sitting in my bedroom, talking to Edaline, right before my date.

"Sophie! You're going to ETERNALIA, you need to dress fancy! Now go get that red dress I gave you for your birthday last year!"

I groaned and pulled the dress out of my closet. It came down to just above my knees, and it was a deep red. It was strapless, with flowery lace. Ew. 

I put it on. "Happy?"

Edaline nodded. "Yep. Now get the hair brush and make up."

I groaned but did as she said. Soon, my hair was braided in a side fishtail and I had a bit of natural make up on. It's Barbie Sophie again!

Edaline took a deep breath. "Oh, you're going on your first date. I'm so proud. Now put on those earrings Tam gave you,  that necklace over there, and that gold bracelet on your dresser."