FOUR | dodgeball, sencen!

TAM : 

The rest of my classes passed by in a blur. Soon, it was time for P.E.

I heard a ring on my phone. It was Linh. I picked it up.

"Hey, Linh, what's up?"

"Tam, can I take Sophie to P.E? We just got out of the same Math class."

"Sure."

"Okay, bye!"

She cut the phone and I continued into the boys' locker room. We were playing dodgeball today. Fitz and Keefe were already in there, arguing about something.

"Keefe, you can NOT ditch again?"

"But I want to!"

"Come ON, how am I supposed to survive?"

"You'll manage. Look, there's Bangs Boy! Ew. But now you aren't alone! Bye!"

I grabbed Keefe by the back of his shirt.

"Nuh uh. We are playing dodgeball today, Sencen, and I need to beat you in that."

Keefe pouted. "Nope."

Fitz looked sorta frustrated. "Keefe. DODGEBALL!"

Keefe's head snapped up. "Dodgeball? Why didn't you say so?"

Fitz and I looked at each other incredulously. "We only mentioned it a few hundred times."

Keefe quickly changed into gym clothes and ran out into the gym, his arms flailing like a bird with broken wings.

I rolled my eyes and changed too.

Outside, all the students were being split off into pairs of two. Miss Alexine was rattling off names.

"Tam, you're against Dex. Linh, you're against Delilah. Sophie, you're against Biana. Fitz, you're against Keefe. Stina, you're against Dempsey...."

I stopped paying attention and soon lined up to play. The way this worked was there was a ball in between both opponents. When the teachers yelled "GO!" you picked it up and threw it at only your opponent. Whoever was hit first was out. Basically one-on-one normal dodgeball.

I threw the ball at Dex, but he dodged, picking it up and flinging it back at me. I jumped and rolled to the side, while catching the ball. I hit Dex on the knee and he was out. I turned to watch the remaining players.

Linh was yeeting the ball whenever she caught it. Delilah was a tiny girl, so she was a bit harder to hit. Soon, though, Linh nailed her on her lower back, and won.

Biana was throwing the ball and ducking and she was really good. Sophie was just going wild as if she had experience dodging things being thrown at her.

The people that made it to the next heat were me, Sophie, Linh, Stina, Fitz, someone named Trella, Ayden, and some other people I did not want to take the time to know.

I was put against Trella, Sophie was against Stina, and Linh was against Fitz.

Trella was pretty easy to beat. She was a little bit slow, so the ball smacked on her elbow very soon after.

Fitz easily beat Linh, as he was the best dodgeball player in the school. Hopefully someone would take him down today...my money was on Sophie.

Soon everyone except for two had finished their game. Sophie and Stina were still at it.

"Come on, freak! Scared you'll lose?"

Sophie gritted her teeth and jumped over a ball Stina threw. She then picked it up and threw it at Stina's face as hard as she could. The force was so powerful, Stina fell back onto her butt.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐒 | a sotam auOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara