Chapter 3

Early the next morning, just as the sun was rising, two crows were out near the corn field perched on top of a roof. They had been waiting for hours on the right moment to swoop in and get some corn, but the scarecrow placed in the fields was apparently making it difficult for them. 

In the barn, Wilbur and the chickens were asleep while the suns rays slowly made its way onto them. Soon the gang was woken up by the sound of the mysterious female voice from last night singing to them. 

"It's morning!" The chickens realized, getting up to stretch their wings. 

Wilbur got up and awoken all of the other animals. "Attention, please. Would whoever addressed me last night kindly come out of hiding?" 

"What luck! An early riser, and he has things he needs to say" Samuel rolled his eyes. 

"Yeah, loud things" Ike added, he and the other animals groaning as they got up. 

"Whoever that mysterious voice belonged to please make yourself known?" Ginger said while the other chickens began looking around in search for the owner of that voice they had heard the other night. 

"I'm speaking to whoever spoke to me last night" Wilbur called out. 

"I suppose that would be me" The female voice answered before she continued singing. 

The chickens kept searching for the mysterious voice's source but still to no avail. The female voice soon spoke to them again. 

"Salutations" She greeted. 

"Huh?" The chickens looked around curiously. 

"Salu- what?" Ricky and Etta raised their eyebrows. 

"Salutations" The female voice said again. 

"What are they?" Wilbur asked, still looking around. "And where are you?" 

"Salutations are greetings. It's my fancy way of saying hello" The female voice told the animals. "Look up here in the doorway" 

The gang then looked up in the corner of the doorway to see a tiny creature with 8 legs swinging around from a nifty little thing that looked like a web. The creature with the mysterious voice was revealed to be a spider. Wilbur and the chickens smiled as the spider continued singing to them while they danced around a bit before her song soon ended. 

"See me now?" The spider asked the gang. 

"Oh, yes" Wilbur smiled. "Good morning!"

"Good morning! Salutations!" The chickens greeted the spider. 

Ginger smiled at the spider. "It's nice to finally meet our mysterious visitor"

"We can't see you very well though" Rocky said, squinting his eyes. 

"Well move a little closer, I'll come down" The spider told them. 

The chickens and Wilbur did as told and the spider spun herself downward on the thread from her web so they could get a better look at her. 

"Is that better?" She asked them. 

"Aye, yes. Thank you" Mac said to the spider. 

"Wow..." The chicks looked with awe while they gazed at the spider. 

Wilbur also looked very interested in the spider, never seeing anything like her before. 

"Hi" He greeted. "You're a..." 

"Look, I've got a long day ahead of me and I'm trying to get a little..." Ike said, coming in before his eyes suddenly widen seeing the spider and gasped.