•15•

the photo thumbnail thingybob is basically how i imagine luke rocking up to school to steal yo man ay

oh god what am I doing with my life it's 3am and I'm imagining luke Hemmings as the next Brittany Spears.
--

Luke

And that's how I ended up dressed as a female persona of myself, practically choking on my fake hair, sat next to my crush.

"Uh... are you okay?" Michael asked as I tried to get the hair out of my mouth.

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine," I giggled fakely, trying not to seem too manly. Not that that was a problem for me anyway.

"Are you eating your hair?" Michael frowned, obviously a little weirded out.

"No," I shrugged, begging my American accent not to falter, flipping my hair over my shoulder, "okay maybe we should start again. I'm not actually that weird and I don't eat my own hair."

"Alright," Michael chuckled, "hi, I'm Michael."

"Hi, I'm Louise," I smirked.

And that is how Louise and Michael formed a beautiful friendship which lasted the length of maths class.

Being someone else for the day taught me a lot of things. Firstly, don't do it, and secondly Macy Littlewood is an idiot.

"This was a bad idea," I mumbled to Macy as I sat down with her at lunch break.

"What do you mean?" Macy muttered.

"You're an idiot," I playfully shoved her, "Michael likes Louise more than he likes Luke."

"You talked to Michael? You actual idiot!" Macy whisper shouted, "that's bullshit anyway. Of course he likes Luke more than Louise. Just be a bitch to him." Macy winked at me just as her friends came and sat down with us.

"Louise what's it like in America!? Any cute guys over there?" one of Macy's friends -I really should learn their names- said to me excitedly.

"Uh..." I glanced over at Macy who was nodding slightly, "yeah, yeah there are cute guys over there."

"Spill spill spill!" two of them chanted. So I made up some bullshit story about all the hot surfer guys, I mean from what I'd watched on Disney channel that seemed pretty accurate. But my heart was set on a particularly hot Australian dude.

The bell rang, cutting off Molly's bitching about some guy who she fucked at a party at the weekend who never called her back- the expression 'saved by the bell' had never felt more relevant. Is that really what girls talk about? I thought to myself as I made my way to Maths class with Macy.

"Hey Louise," Michael smiled at me when I waved at him as we walked into Maths class, "looks like we have this together too."

"Yeah, looks like it," I tried to smile confidently, which was surprisingly a lot easier as Louise. I think this Louise character was naturally more confident.

"I hate maths," Michael sighed to me and I nodded.

"Me too," I groaned, pretending that I wasn't actually incredibly intrigued by numbers and problems that made my brain get working.

"So, Louise," Michael clapped his hands together, "tell me more."

Michael

This Louise girl was... well she was pretty interesting. She had something about her that made her different from the other girls, it was as if she knew what to say and what not to say...

"Michael you got this one wrong," Louise snapped me out of my tired daydream and I was brought back to earth.

"Oh," I mumbled, quickly changing it.

"Do you um... like... want to meet up after school?" Louise blurted and I shrugged. I prayed that she wasn't thinking of anything besides just friends because I was gay... Especially for a certain blonde haired, music-taste-of-a-god boy.

"Sure," I said, a little unsurely, but I mean... maybe I could just tell her straight out that I was gay... but then again, she hadn't actually made a move on me. Maybe I'd just wait it out, but she would find out eventually.

"Okay, meet at like, 4:30 at the coffee house?" she suggested and I nodded.

"Do you not have a phone or anything...?" I asked, a little confused as to why she didn't just give me her number.

"No," Louise said quickly, "it's um... it doesn't work in this country." She smiled sorrily at me and I nodded.

"Well I guess I'll see you then," I said.

•~•~•~•~•

And so Louise and I met up for coffee.

But it was incredibly awkward.

On my behalf anyway.

She kept sort of... checking me out, which I guess for any other guy would have been great but for me, well I mean...

"This is nice," Louise cleared her throat a little, sipping her coffee.

"Louise I have to just put something out there," I mumbled. I had to tell her. It wasn't that I was scared how she'd react, it's just that no one else in our school knew. She was such a nice kid and I didn't want to hurt her by leading her on, "I'm um..."

"What's up?" she asked sweetly. I contemplated running for it but my legs refused to move as my hands shook a little.

"I'm gay," I blurted.