Chapter 13

•FLASHBACK• your pov

We both shoot up from underneath the water and catch our breaths. The water was freezing.
"The water IS freezing..." I say in between breath. 
"I quite like it." He gives me a dopey smile. I roll my eyes at him. "Well come here so we can cuddle for warmth." He swims closer and grabs my cast to rest it on his arm. I feel his hands hoist my legs to wrap around him.
"You know, the doctor said not to get this wet." I kiss his cheek slightly and look up into the sky. The moon was almost full, and looked beautiful. His other hand holds my back up to help me float.
"Isn't your flight tomorrow anyway?" He asked somberly.
"Wow, way to ruin the moment babe." I feel his hand run across my thigh. "I know, just was on my mind. Wanted to take a dip before you left."

We enjoy the moment for a few minutes before we decide it's best if we go inside.

"Are your friends and family eager for you to get home?" Tom asked as he throws the wet towel on the bed. I grab it and use it to dry the plastic bag on my cast.
"Not really, just my family." I shrug and throw the towel back on the bed. He grabs my waist and bumps me into him.
"We outta get a goodnight sleep so you don't miss your flight."
"What about you?" I plop on the bed.
"Me? I'll be here for a few more days. Got a couple of friends coming down here." He plops next to me. "It's alright though, I'll come visit you after."
I just nod.
"Goodnight Tom." I pull the blanket over my body and turn away. I feel his arms wrap around me and pull me close. "Goodnight Doll."
I shut my eyes, feeling a bit uneasy. I loved Tom, but maybe I loved him too quickly. Being here with him in a different country felt easier. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be with him outside of here. I was comfortable, I knew it was just US here. But leaving would mean more real life things that I'm not sure I'm ready to sign up for that. I try to drift away the thought.

•next morning•

I wake up and his arm's were not around me anymore. I sit up and scan the room. A tray sat next to me- breakfast.
"Tom?" I shout out.
"Here love!" He yells out from the bathroom. "Just got out the shower."
I reach over for the toast laying on the plate and munch on it.
"You have 50-ish minutes to get ready." He shakes his wet hair as he walks out the bathroom.
"What the hell! Why didn't you wake me up earlier. I still have to pack." I throw the blanket off me, and hold the toast in my mouth.
"Don't worry I packed for you." He points at the suit case that laid next to the bed.
"Tom." I say with a mouthful of bread in my mouth. "You didn't have to. You probably didn't even do it the way I wanted it done."
"I still did it. If you want I can unpack it and start-"
"No!" I jump up giggling. "It's fine, thank you." I kiss his cheek.
"It was mostly bathing suits anyway." He takes the toast from my hand and shoves the rest in his mouth. I sit down on the bed and sigh and he sits next to me.
"I'm gonna miss you."
"Me too." I look at him, his eyes shining.
"Get dressed, the taxi is on it's way." He slaps my back lightly.

I get up and dress in a comfortable outfit. This was going to be a long flight, all alone. I eat a little bit of the breakfast Tom ordered for me and start to finalize my stuff.
"Ready? The taxis is here." He lifts up his bag.
"That's your bag, not mine." I laugh.
"Yeah, I know." He shrugs. "I decided to cut my trip short and go on the flight back with you. I got us a jet."
I stand there. Not knowing what to say.
"I already paid that ticket though.." I mumbled.
"Hey, don't worry I'll pay you back." He smiles.
"I don't think I can take your money like that. The jet must be nice but I can't." I shake my head.
"I just feel like I don't want this to end." He reaches for my hand.
"Tom.. I don't know." I reject his hand by walking past him, towards the door. I grip onto the suitcase handle tightly. "Enjoy your last few days here, It'll be fun okay?" I give him a sympathetic smile.
"I wanna be with you." He runs towards the door, holding it shut. "Don't you love me?"
"I do. I just don't ...think I can be with you right now. Back home I'm trying to establish myself."
"I can help you." I try to push past him.
"I don't even know you." I mumbled and opened the door. "I'm sorry. I can't."
"(Y/n).. I wanna be with you." He chases after me as I make my way to the taxi.
"We're moving too fast. I have to go." I usually didn't like saying goodbye, I never knew how to. I just knew that I couldn't be with him at this moment. I wanted to stop and go on that jet with him, leave with him. Eventually we could be together, I knew it.
I didn't have much else to say, so I kept repeating myself. "I can't."
The pressure of being together after a short time was just too much for me to handle. I did not plan for this to happen, and I didn't want to break his heart but I had to go.
I step outside and see the taxi.